Doing computer work for a friend, Help!!

Israel
What do you do with a person who always asks for computer help with simple things like signing up to websites to earn money, and she wants me to do all the little changes each time? I"m tired of doing her stuff for her. But I want to keep her as a friend.
@rosdimy (3936)
You will have to put your foot down or you may end up being completely taken advantage of by her. There are people who are like that, and will keep on doing it if nothing is said otherwise. I have a friend who kept asking for favours. I was not the only one, as our mutual friends also received the same treatment. To avoid a direct confrontation and possibly lose a friend you will probably have to be diplomatic about it. As an example when asked to do something simple gently tell her that she has to learn how to do things herself because you cannot always be there for her. I did that to my friend. At other times I told him I was unable to help due to an immediate commitment. I am no longer 'harassed' by him. If she is still stubborn then in reality she may not be seeing you as a friend.
I agree with this completely. You need to tell your friend that she has to learn to do things on her own. If she really needs help, you can offer to teach her how to navigate so she can stand on her own two feet. If she doesn't even want to do that, you might want to walk away. After all, you never know if she intends to make you a scapegoat for something that goes wrong with her account.
@anurag3786 (6275)
Hey I never prefer it to delete my old account and again I signup under in a friend. Because I think if my account is new then I will signup again under a friend and if my account on any earning sites are old means 4-5 months old then I never signup again in under any person. But as you say you don’t want to lose her so I want to say if she is really your good friend then she never told you to signup in under her if you refused it one time. I think she may also understand a friend’s problem.
• Israel
What I meant was, that she wants me to sign her up and make up passwords and usernames and then she tries to do the work by herself. I signed her up to be a teacher in Buddyschool.com and then again, (ok every other day) she asks me to go to her account and change things. I feel that she should learn how to navigate in the websites by herself and not ask me all the time what to do, or ask me to do it for her. What do you think?
@jugsjugs (13046)
I have helped a few friends out with setting things up on their computers,aswell as helping my mum with hers.As long as they are happy and do not want all of my time,that is ok.I think that if they want to earn money then if they need my help to set something up that is fine,but if i was to help them and then they do not bother to do things to help themselves then i tend not to hurry to help them again.
@carmelanirel (21108)
Teach her how to sign up and make her own changes. If she is that desperate to make money online, she'd at least try to learn and usually it isn't that hard.
@suspenseful (40326)
I have this friend of a friend who is computer challenged and she is always asking me for help. She phones everytime she is in trouble and I got rather tired because she lives out in the country, and I cannot drive so I have to rely on someone to get me there. So what I did was write an email to her and wrote down step by step what she is to do to get what she wanted done. You may have to do that.
@janron29 (266)
Maybe she is taking advantage of you. Teach her how to do such things, so the next time she will not bother you anymore.
I also get asked to do online favors for friends because they see me as more computer-savvy than they are. However, I have learned to put my foot down in several instances when I start feeling I am getting abused by too many requests that they are already eating up my time for other things that I want to prioritize. Learn to say NO. If you can't say that directly, make excuses. Say you won't be able to attend to what she wants you to do because you need to do something else. If you say that often enough, she might finally realize that she should start learning to do things for herself. Or find another "friend" to pester. You know, friendship is a two-way thing. If only one person gives and gives while the other person takes and takes, that's not friendship. Perhaps it's time for you to analyze if she's just using you for her own ends. Because if she's not, and if she's a real friend, then she should understand your side of the coin and that she shouldn't abuse your kindness.