Do you feel bad when you tell lies? I do and feel bad right now.

One of my child hood friends got out of jail thursday and came by here to see me. I gve him my love seat and promisd him my couch. So he wanted to know when he could come get it. So,I told him any day before the 29th which isboth our birthdays. So,he asked where I was moving to and when. I told him I don't know yet being my papaer work was lost. See I can't trust him anymore. he is on crack and stole from a mutual friend and my neighbor. So,he can't come to my new place even if I wanted him to. He makes me wonder what I left out and he could steal from me. So,yes I lied and made my daughter tell the same lie if he asked her. Would you say I was wrong? I can take it be honest..
@carolbee (16241)
You might be justified lying to this friend. If he's stealing and getting into trouble, you might be better off if he has no clue where you are moving. I don't like to lie. Always manage to screw things up if I do. It's just easier to tell the truth and get it over with.
I am with you on this one. I cna't lie to save mylife from jail if needed. I just don't wat him to come to my house after he takes the couch tomorrow.
@Ramaditya (1227)
Yes, I feel bad everytime I tell lies. But, most of the time we do not realize or even don't care if we tell lies, because we think it's safe to do such thing as long as people do not notice. But deep down inside, our heart knows that it is something wrong, and we won't feel comfort after that. But, you can tell lies if you need to protect someone from danger, or to protect your/someone's belongings.
There are times we need to tell a lie to keep from getting in problems. I agree with you here to.
@sid556 (31005)
No you are not wrong at all. I know a lot of people that are on this stuff and it seems that they all reach a point where they are stealing and doing things that they normally would never do. They steal from their families and closest friends...they just don't care. They get desperate. The last thing you need right now, Gifts is someone stealing your checks or your bank card or bringing trouble into your home.
Plus I have two lap tops I leave all over my house. I leave my wallet on the dining table and so much more. My loose money be on my kitcen counter. I remember one day he came and being so tall saw money I had hid from myself on top of the fridge and he took it and left out the door. I had forgot it was there and don't have a clue how much money it was.
@sid556 (31005)
Ya, You should not feel at all bad about not telling him where you are moving to.
@bagputza (504)
• Belgium
Good Morning dear giftsandbagscom , well i am honestly telling you that i feel soo horibile when i tell lies ( for serios ) that i can't even lie properly , alot of emotions are floating trough my body at the given moment , and i even have the tendency of sweating really hard if and when i am stressed , but this only aplies to familly and the most afective if its when i trye to lye to my mom , i dont know why , but it just does , and when i am telling a joke and i slip a litle lie in that joke , i am not bother at all by it , it is like i was telling the truth and no sweating and feelings go trough me at that point in the story. I dont get why this happens , but i am a litle bit thankfull , because that makes me less of a liar since i dont have the strong Character of a lier. I wish you a great day dear friend Florin , Over and Out
yes telling lies do make people feel different. Like me I start to laugh and get jittery. I could never lie on the stand for anyone.
@udaymohan (437)
Barring those persons who are habitual liars, everyone feels bad after telling lies. The truth is our consciense does not allow us to tell lies. Even then we do. I feel it is not a good habit.
Yes i feel bad when someone lie on me... i feel i was betray coz i give them a 100% of my trust and loyalty to them and at the end of the day they will lied on me... i feel also bad to my self when a tell lie... coz i want to protect someone that someone important to me... sometimes making white lies is not a sin... coz there's a white lies that are acceptable. but telling lie stories making someone do it habitually. Correct is the conscience will prevail.
This guy here is a constant one who tells lies. I had to rid myslef of him years ago because of it. But,he got that from his mother and so did his sister who lies for life.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would feel bad. but really you had no choice. There are necessary lies,the main example would be the hiding the Jews from the SS and saying "there are no Jews here," or what Rahab said to the King of Jerico that the spies had gone already when they were hiding under the straw on her roof. I would consider this to be in the category because you may have not only saved your goods, but also your life and that of your family since he might have gotten violent if he did not want what he wanted.
And he has been very violent with others. This is why he just got out of jail and out of that cast on his arm.
Probably I would not have even let him in or given him any stuff or permission to come back.You are protecting your self and your daughter by keeping him at a distance. This is not a "lie" I would feel bad about.
I am starting not to feel so bad about it. if he took something of my childs I would nevr forgive myself.
@ElicBxn (60895)
its self defense, I don't blame you for not wanting him around, I'd probably "forget" to tell him my phone number too...
I will be chaning my number the day I move so that is not a problem.
@anurag3786 (6275)
Yes sometimes I feel bad when I tell lies to someone because I feel a type of fear in under me which always gives me pain. I think it is not good to tells lie. Because sometimes it gives hurts to someone. So I always try to speak true but I think it is a tuff job.
I do agree with you about this. However I feel there are times lies will be needed to not hurt someone.
@stanley777 (7177)
I think it's okay...but yeah, lying is bad and I think most of us don't feel good about it. But maybe it's considered a white lie, since it doesn't really harm anyone.. I think it's for your own safety too.
@Ladyslipper (1330)
I think you just did the right thing. It will not do him harm anyways if you lied to him about it. I also feel bad when I lie. However, I do so when needed . As long as our lie will not harm other people for me it's okay. Telling lie is needed at times. It depends on the situation.
@aerous (13474)
There is a words that says; telling a lie is not a sin sometimes... Telling a lie is a sin, maybe depending on what situation we say it. But I don't say telling a lie is a good habit...It will only depend on the situation. And yes, if I am telling a lie sometimes I am conscience with what I did. But if you want to protect your family, because the guy you said is coming from jail and convicted as criminals...why,should you conscience telling a lie... Your being conscience if your family being a victim of the crime that your the driving it... Have a nice day!
You are right to feel bad about lying, but in this situation I think that the reason that you did it was for your own good and for that reason you really shouldn't feel a lot of remorse about it. There have been times that it has been necessary for me to lie to someone because of the fact that revealing the truth could have been something that would have hurt either myself or my family. When it comes down to it, my family and protecting them is the most important for me.
@jaijaye (168)
Yes! I do lie sometimes too and I feel bad about it. But sometimes we need to lie at same point to someone when we know that he can't be trusted any longer even if we don't really want to lie to them.
@Afr1ca (8)
Yes... I definitely feel bad when I lie. Your case, however, is unique; you were caught in a confusing situation that is definitely unpredictable; what you did was simply putting yourself on the safer side. I'd probably do the same if I were in your situation. This is where my question of the existence of white lies come in... (A discussion I just opened) Personally, I'd say don't feel bad; it was simply an act of defense, I guess. :-)
@Ted3_uk (114)
Lying is a very difficult subject to talk about, because every person will have diffrent views on whats right and whats wrong.... Really lying is not a good thing to do, but i personally think it can be definded a bit clearer than this. first lies can be for a number of reasons... Argression / protection / ease Aression is never right, lies aimed to hurt people or make things bad for a person is not the right thing to do ever. For example telling someone they are ugly just to upset them, or saying they are no good so that you can do better than them Protection works both ways, your girl may ask does my bum look big in this, and you lie and say of course not! even tho it does, this is done to protect the feeling of the girl, and also protect the guy from a slapped face!!! Or you might get asked to do something and you say im sorry i cant because iv got the dentist.. this might be less hurtful than saying sorry iv got another date - (and if that date doesnt work out youv got a backup) Ease is also not right, you might tell many lies to make your self sound fun, or to avoid tasks like handing in your home work because the dog ate it.. again these dont hurt anyone, but are likely to catch you up when your teacher finds out you dont have a dog! I think your situation is in the protection area.. You need to protect your self, and your family. It sounds like this friend is used to telling lies to make things easy for him self, and people have got hurt by this. You have not told a lie that has hurt him or his feeling, or one that makes things easy / better for you, you have lied though wanting to protect your self and self preservation and i dont think this is bad at all, nor should you feel bad.. (Hope this doesnt make me a bad person)
well, for me I really feel bad when telling lies. It's because I don't want others do it to me as well. But in some point, we do lie for some other reasons. Maybe it's for our safety like what you said. But be careful when telling lies, you don't want to be caught either.
I do feel bad when I lie and I can remember a particular instance when I could've just gotten away with keeping it to myself - cos I have for about a few months - but then I decided to just tell the truth (to my boyfriend). And when I did, he got mad and hurt. But I'm still glad I did it because I didn't want anything marring my relationship with him. But on your case, if I were in your position, I wouldn't tell the truth. I mean, if it were for my own family's peace of mind, I would also lie. Even if he's one of your close friends, you can't allow him to pull you guys down with you. That's what I always say about my mom. She has this mental problem and whenever we get our lives back on track, her disability acts up and we're sucked back into the nightmare. You can still be his friend; don't feel bad for wanting to protect your family and yourself.
As a christian, it is normal to feel bad everytime you lie! It is a conviction coming from the Holy Ghost or Spirit. So definitely, you will feel bad. Be honest!
yes i do,feel bad when i tell a lie.but sometimes we need to lie depends on what it is,it depends on the situation.like in your situation...you lie for you own safety or to save your family from trouble.i do lie sometimes too to save my family or myself from trouble.even we know that telling a lie is not good,but we cant help it we're just a person and nobody is perfect.