Is long engagement always better?

Many people prefer keeping a very long relationship before deciding to get married...what do think about it?
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Well, it depends. Each couple should do what feels right for them. When I get married next year, I will have been engaged for a bit less than a year (10 months), and that may seem long to some, and short to others. So it all depends!
Well, it's a matter of choice. No matter how long or short as long as you are certain about it, grab your way to your happiness! Congrats and Good Luck!
@misheli (554)
It really depends on the 2 person getting married. Like me and my husband we're bf/gf for only 6 months and we got married after that. Now we've been married for 15 years and have 3 beautiful kids. And the marriage is getting stronger although some difficulties but it's normal in a relationship.
Hello misheli! Congrats! I am glad to hear that. I hope that you and your husband will have more fruitful years together until the end of time! Good luck!
@jovie899 (112)
i am not in favor of a very long relationship before getting married.you cannot measure love by staying longer together before you say "i do". Most cases like this partners end up for nothing.1 to 2 years of being boyfriend/girlfriend is perfect time for me.:)
Hello jovie899! I must agree with you in that case. Some books that I have read says that being together for 2 to 3 years is sufficient enough for couples to get to know each other...staying like that longer than 3 years would tire both of them and there they end up to nothing.:-)