Would you ask the landlord for the key early?

I have sec 8 and I have always been given my keys early to move in days before moving day. Once the moving acket is done and the share letter is ready. Share letter is the letter telling the tenant the amount they have to pay each month. My share letter was redy for pck up last thrusday. I will pick it up today. Then I will go to the social service office whee they give me a gaurentee letter for the security deposit and I am done. Then they call 4 moving trucks to gets one to move me from my old apartment to my new one. Which means I could go in as early as tomorrow. Which is what I really want being It will be my birthday and I really want to move in now. IthinkI can ask him for the key being he is so ice and works right in the social service building and can walk them down to me. But,I am scared to ask for it.
@prinzcy (5058)
As the same as the response from above, if all have been settle, you have the right to ask. It's not like you want to do something to the house. Maybe he won't say anything about it. My sister asked her key earlier when she moved into her house by saying that she need to clean before moving in. Plus, she needs to take measurement for curtains.
He is willing to meet me to give me the key today. Yeah!
@sender621 (14956)
If i had paid the landlord my security deposit and i was ready to move in, i would not hesitate to ask the landlord for a key early. If your money is paid, you deserve the right to start moving in. Why should you have to wait?
I called him he will meet me today outside of his job. provided he is not in court in another town. Shoot..
I'm so glad to hear that he was willing to give you the keys early. I've never had my own experience with living in an apartment so I wouldn't have known if that was a viable option or not. I wish you the best of luck with your move. I know that you've been looking forward to it for quite some time.
@sid556 (31005)
Gifts, now you really don't strike me as the shy type. Go ask for the key! What is the very worst that can happen?? He could say no but then again he could say yes. You know that if you don't go and ask that you are going to be kicking yourself so you should just do it.
Why are you afraid to ask him? If it is vacant, he probably would be fine with you starting to move. Goodluck. You must have asked early before, if you have always been given your keys early.
@suspenseful (40316)
I would go and ask for it and tell him that you want to move in early. He might have to send someone along with your or go with you if you are moving into a bad neighborhood. It also depends on whether the apartment is ready by then and whether the former tenants are out, but even if he says, no, it is not ready yet, it does no harm to ask. He will not bite your head off, figuratively.