Are you afraid to fly these days?

All I see is my heart beating out of my chest if I have to take a plane some where. LOL. I have had my share of tears on planes. These days they could not get me on a plane. It would be the last thing I would get on right now. I think I would get to know the train if I had to take a trip somewhere.
@maximax8 (27049)
I have to be able to fly because traveling is my top hobby. By air is the most practical way to travel to long haul destinations. This summer I took my disabled son and baby daughter on a flight from London to Vancouver return. I wasn't able to travel by train because I had to go across the Atlantic Ocean. It wouldn't have been fast enough for me by ship. It would have been very expensive to go by sea and difficult to have found a ship going there willing to take me and my children. Planes do crash sometimes and it happens very rarely. I just hope to arrive safely when I get on a plane. I did get shake up to my nerves when I got on board one plane journey. I got given a newspaper and the front page picture was the concord crash. I have lots more destinations on my travel wish and I stay confident about flying on planes.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Afraid to fly yes would I still get on the Plane yes I would but only if needs be. Only if it was something really important to save a life or something like that. Otherwise it would be Train or Boat for me personally. I do not care for the stress in the Airports now but I would put up with it if I had to. But you can catch a Train surely and have your things taken to you another way. Happy moving gifts it looks like you are really moving there after all. Hope it´s a lovely place where you are going to live.
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm getting on a plane to Portland, OR, tonight, and coming back Sunday. Next Friday I'm flying to Las Vegas, and coming back Sunday. So no, I'm not afraid to fly.
@freymind (1352)
why are you afraid to fly on an airplane? i am afraid before but when i experienced it the fear just went away... i just pray that it won't crash LOL ... but of course traveling in land is still the better option than on air or water..
@cream97 (29175)
Me and my father-in-law was just talking about this yesterday evening. He told me that he would ride on a train before he would ride on an airplane. An airplane has always been scary to me. I have never ridden on one at all. I don't plan to either. I am very scared to ride high up in the sky. I am afraid of heights too. This is one thing that I will not get on, to go anywhere that I have to go.
@shafiya (26)
hi friends, i afraid to fly. because in my childhood onwards i afraid to see plane. but i like to see it. and also i like to fly. but in my afraid i didnt go to fly.fly is very interesting because it is an enjoyable moment. but i will try to fly its my hobby also.
@shafiya (26)
@shafiya (26)
• Nigeria
wow definiately cause it make my heart to beat as fast as it is suppose to and i always trowup wen am flying...is cool but also scaryyyyy
@jamed28 (1910)
The danger on flying is much as dangerous as riding a car. There are hundreds of car accidents for a single air crash or even lesser.
@jet2r0cks (193)
I missed many chances to go to many places abroad because of my fear of heights and airplanes. I've never been on a plane before, so people think it's weird that I'm so scared of something I've never even experienced, but when I was younger I would find about all these scary airplane crash stories __
@ebuscat (5949)
For me if it is your happiness then go but be ware of bad people who get in your money.
no im not afraid to fly. i used to be afraid of flying but i got over that fear when i was about 12 years old.
Nope. Flying is fun and a kind of experience. I love planes and when anybody talks about flying, it'll get me in the mood. Nowadays planes are equipped with the safest technologies and the majority of the flight is being done by a computer. So don't worry.
well, i haven't flew before so i guess i haven't experienced that...
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I definitely love to fly...therefore taking a plane is my exciting trip. When I was small, I used to take train to my grandma 's house in the village,that was the past and it has been more than 20 years, I have not been taking those train. Then when I was in Singapore for my study and work, I always took express train(MRT)to work and to school. It is pretty convenience to have such transportation service which I can reach to everywhere in Singapore. And now once a year, I will take plane back to my hometown, I always feel excited when comes to take plane. That is when I can go for my holiday.
@iamdee (158)
I am not really afraid to fly, in fact I love traveling through riding an airplane. My boyfriend is also scared to ride an airplane but he had no choice but to fly because we are far from each other due to his work but he visits me once in a while through an airplane. He is afraid because he travels alone and he said that riding a ship is better because when it sinks, he can swim. But me, I love to travel using an airplane. Two years ago,I went to my boyfriends place via airplane and I traveled alone. It was really an exciting experience. I also love to watch the bird's eye view of our country from above. I am planning to travel again after my graduation. God bless!
I personally have always loved flying but only if I get a window seat. I really like to look out the window and see everything just cruising below me. I guess I've always just had faith in transportation because I've never really thought of flying through the air at high speeds in a super heavy machine as being especially scary.
Not at all. If you really look at the number of people who fly annually versus the number of accidents, crashes etc you'll find flying in a plane to be the safest way to travel. MUCH safer than a car or truck or bus and even a train. Many many more people are injured through other means of transportation. Also, Im very afraid of heights. I don't like being on roofs or ladders or in trees etc, but in a plane you can't even tell you're up there. Not to mention the time savings. No better way to travel in my opinion. Good topic. Thanks for posting.
@gdesjardin (1938)
Flying doesn't bother me at all. I used to have a job where I traveled alot so I guess I just always enjoyed it. Now I have traveled to Europe a few times and those flights I didn't enjoy at all....way too long for me!!