Amazon Gift Card Question

Hey, I don't buy much online. So I wanted to ask I'm earning Amazon Gift Cards thru SwagBucks (see profile) and I wanted to ask a question. Do the gift cards count twards the shipping costs if your total with shipping is less than the amount of GC's in your acount? Just wondering.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I get GC from SwagBucks as well, and yes, they do count towards shipping as well. I just placed an order on Amazon and thanks to the GC, the entire order was free. I also manage to get GC from swagbucks every other week. Happy shopping!
Yeah I'm kinda working tward the every 2 week mark, but I'd love it if it was once a week *LOL* But hey free is free right?
@dragon54u (31636)
Yes, shipping and the item totals to $20 and you have a GC for $25, it's all paid for. I have $100 in GC at Amazon now!! I got them through MyPoints and survey sites this year and they'll really help at Christmas time. I like Amazon because it carries just about everything anyone wants!
Awsome! I usually just get physical gift cards from MyPoints. That is true there is something most everyone wants. I know there's a few things I want to get my kids on there.
@savypat (20246)
My experience with Amazon Gift cards is that the whole expense comes off the card and it there is still a balance on the card you can use that toward another purchase. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.
Getting the hang of it is what I'm hoping for. Plus w/ SwagBucks it's something I've heard of outside of physical stores they offer GC's for... but the physical GC's take even longer to get points for. Thanks Pat!
I've been trying to get gift cards from Swagbucks too, but I'm also trying to earn extra money, but I don't have a lot of money right now, since I used it to buy some DVDs. But I'm trying to get some more out of print DVDs and I'm running out of time because they're running out of stock.
Yes, they do. I've been doing a lot of shopping online through Amazon for the last couple of years and I've not had to pay a dime out of my pocket. I actually tend to try to spend enough to get the free super saver shipping so it is really a nonissue in most situations. However, there have been a couple of times that I will buy something through another seller that they have on there and you can't get free shipping on those things. However, the gift card balance is applied toward all parts of your purchase.