Do you add anything to your popcorn?

Do you like the original kind of popcorn or do you add something fun and extra to it? I would love to hear what you put in it and get some ideas. Has anyone tried the sweet tasting microwavable popcorn? I forgot what brand it was but it is a well known brand with an old man. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I really like that kind. I have never tried putting anything to my popcorn and I wanted to know other people thought about it. Any suggestions? What's your all time favorite?
@LaurenInLA (2272)
I think that you are talking about kettle corn and the brand that you are referring to is Orville Reddenbacher (spelled right?). Personally, I'm not a fan of kettle corn. I like to sprinkle parmesan cheese on popcorn. Adds a nice flavor. They have different flavors that you can sprinkle on your popcorn at the movie theater now but I've never seen them in the market. I love popcorn. I snack on it every night
Yes, thats the brand! I heard of kettle corn but I didn't know that was it. It should say it on the box. I think its a twist. Cool! I hope to try that next time. I wish, I had that kind of movie theater around. I would love that! But, I would hope it would be inexpensive. Then again, I almost never go to the movies. Really? Every Night? I would get tired of it.
The best part of the toppings is that they are FREE!!!!!
Your So Lucky! Stop making me hungry and jealous.
Yes I like to squeeze a lime and add valentina's hot sauce it is really good that way you should try it. I really like the popcorn that you get in the theater but I have not been to one in a few years, but it is by far the best I think.When I am at home I pop pop secret.
Cool! That sounds good. I love sour and spicy! Just thinking of it makes my mouth water. If you like spicy and sour, you should try the Spicy Cheetos with Lime. It's very yummy.
Yes you should try that it is really good!! I have not tried the cheetos with lime yet but that sounds really good too!!!Thanks for the response and the information. Have a good day!!
@olisaur (1932)
I just like to add salt to my popcorn, if it's not flavorful enough. Butter is just so unhealthy...but it's sooo good on popcorn! I try to avoid it by using salt instead. I like sweet popcorn sometimes, like kettle corn or caramel corn, but it's too much effort to make it myself.
I know right?! I mean, popcorn is so healthy but when you add all this extra stuff to make it how you like or to make it better , it makes it the worst thing ever! It's a good alternative to chips,though.
I have used both microwavable and air popped. I think air popped is best. The microwavable I find sometimes tastes stale even though you have just made it. I add nothing to microwavable popcorn as it already has flavoring added. The air popped I like best with butter and salt. I have tried the flavour shakers at the grocery store but I don't really care for them. They are mostly additives anyway and no good for you. Popcorn is a good choice for a snack because it does not have the transfat and calories of potato chips and other snacks the stores sell today.
I agree sometimes they do taste stale. Or sometimes they get burnt for no reason. That's what I hate most about microwavable popcorn. It drives me nuts! I agree, it is better and since it is so simple you can add in what you like to make it better.
@sender621 (14956)
I used to only add butter and salt to my freshly popped pocorn. Now i like to add cheese flavoring as well. All you have to do is check where popcorn is sold to get some good topping ideas.
Thanks. I'll keep my out for it next time!
Try to make a chocolate dip or white chocolate one.
@Blondie2222 (22365)
I sometimes add that special seasoning you can buy in different flavors. I love a lil flavor to my popcorn. Or I put parmesian cheese on it. So yummy. My fav popcorn is carmel popcorn and kettle corn..
@peavey (16856)
I make popcorn on the stove and usually just add butter and salt. I have used those dry soup mixes, like cream of chicken or the packets that come in ramen noodles and that's good. I don't usually eat sweet popcorn, but if you like it, try mixing a little molasses into it while it's still hot. It's sticky, but good!
I prefer my popcorn without anything on it. I don't even put salt on it usually. I put it in a brown bag and let it pop in the microwave. Then I cut the top off the bag and eat it fresh and hot! love it!!