What's The Difference??

@erikmama (12934)
This is something that I have always wondered, and after listening and thinking about the song this morning, I thought I would post a discussion to see what you guys have to say about it... Why is it OK for a man to sleep with woman after woman but not ok for a woman to sleep with man after man? When a man sleeps with many women he is considered a player or doing it big, but a woman is considered nasty,filthy, and a ho. WHY is this? I dont get it? What are your opinions about this?
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Hi sweetie. Because men think they still rule us and the world, that's why they get away with it. For women, well i think it's time everyone wake up and smell the coffee. We don't live in the 18th century anymore. Women can do as men do. Fair play. But this is something that will never chance, unfortunately. TATA.
@erikmama (12934)
hehe! I agree! Women can do whatever a man can do and shouldnt face scrutiny and hearing peoples mouths for doing it. Sleeping around is sleeping around,man or woman.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Thanx sweetie. I knew i was right about something.
@harry89 (2332)
Well, i think it is thinking of all the generations, i thing the difference is there because only women may get pregnant but men cant, that may be the reason for that
@sid556 (31006)
Hi Erikmama, In my opinion they both are one and the same. I don't know why some people are still harsher with the women than the men but in my opinion there is no difference at all. You either sleep around or you don't ...it's all a matter of personal moral codes and knows know gender boundaries. And even at that...I really don't care what they do. They are adults. it is their business and what they do is not any of my business.
Well, my thought is that it is just as bad for a man to sleep with woman after woman as it is for a woman to sleep with man after man. I think that the reason that if is generally more looked down upon for a woman to do it than it is for a man to do it because there are far more reprecussions for a woman that does this than there are for a man. Regardless of this, I think it is disgusting no matter how you look at it.
@bounce58 (17524)
I'm sure I am not qualified to answer this discussion, but....I'll butt in anyway. I guess this is part of the social inequality in society. Men have always been regarded with a different standard. Women are treated as not equals. You can see this in different cultures, where women are not allowed to walk with the men, or are required to cover their entire bodies (including faces), etc. This is the equivalent in the western world. When men can be players, but women can not.