Have You Been Watching The Commonwealth Games?

@RawBill1 (8542)
Gold Coast, Australia
I did not really plan on getting into the games this time, but as usual, as soon as they start and I see the Australian team getting lots of medals I become hooked! The Australian team are heading the medal Tally at the moment as expected and I really do think that they will finish the competition as the top country again. This is a pretty good effort for a country with a population of only 20 million people. Another main reason that I have been watching it is there is so much choice for me. I have 5 TV channels that are dedicated to the Games 24 hours a day and then another which is playing the Games most of the day. I am hoping to see some of the Archery tomorrow as I know some people competing in the sport over there, but I do not think that they will show much of it as it is not as popular as the swimming and cycling that they have been mostly showing. Top 3 nations in Medal Tally below as of this moment. (It will not be accurate for long) Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total 1 Australia 9 9 5 23 2 India 6 6 2 14 3 England 3 6 5 14 Have you been watching so far? How is your country going? What country do you think will win the most medals?
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
No, i haven't been watching. I didn't even watch the olympics this last time as much as i usually do. About the only sports i watch is when TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS play football or baskerball. I use to watch all the chicago bull"s games when michael jordon was still playing. Wish he still was. I do watch the colts play football sometime on account of peyton manning use to play for Tennessee.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I am not even sure if the Commonwealth Games are televised over there seeing as the USA are not involved. I have only just started getting into basketball here. This is because a friend of mine is the massage therapist for the local team in the national league. Basketball is not very popular here though, but it is starting to regain a bit of momentum. The league nearly folded a few years back due to a lack of interest. Teams went broke after major sponsors pulled out. They lost nearly half the teams!
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
No, I don't live in a Commonwealth country, so they are not really shown where I live...
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Oops!
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Nope, I don't live in a Commonwealth country, so they are not really shown where I live...
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
That is a shame, because it is a great event! Thanks for contributing anyway.