Do you make exceptitions to your own rules?

I usually stick to the rules I make - well, keyword: usually. We don't wear shoes in our place. But if we already have our shoes on and are in a rush to get out the door - but then realize we forgot something in another room, I'll quickly dash tip toe with the shoes on to get it (though I cringe). On Facebook, I never add anyone I do not know in person - a big online rule of mine for safety issues. The other day I got a friend request from a person in Japan with the same last name as mine. No relation. For the heck of it - I DID add this person - for novelty sake - and I actually felt ok about it. Sure you must break your own rules too? What exceptions do you make and do you feel bad about it - or not really because it's your own rule you're breaking?
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh I break rules all the time. Examples? can't think of any right now...
Yep, I break my own rules all the time. As long as no one else knows it, then it's all good - ha ha.
I know this probably sounds silly, but I'm superstitious to a certain degree. I never wanted to get out of bed anytime a Friday the 13th hit because I was always afraid that something bad would happen. Well, when I was pregnant with my daughter I was told that I could have an induction two weeks before her due date (she was due two days after Christmas), so we had picked Friday the 13th of December for an induction. She was born on the 4th of December though because my water broke. Then my son was actually born on Friday the 13th of October four years later. Now, Friday the 13th doesn't bother me at all.
Hee hee - I guess in that case it's Lucky Friday the 13th! With having kids, we can't necessarily choose the date of when they're gonna come, so as long as they are healthy and all, it's all good. Hey, happy birthday to your son tomorrow!!
@megamatt (14331)
There are a lot of rules that I make that I feel I have to bend a lot of time. Life is not really something that can be stuck with a rigid set of rules a lot of the time. There will be times you really have to step outside that box and really branch out beyond certain limits. On the other hand, there is something to say about not making a habit of it. After all don't want everything to get too much out of control. So I consider the fact that if I follow the rules most of the time to be a grand achievement. If I feel that it is a necessity to break the rules that I have imposed, then I will have to do it. Life is just full of things like that, to the point where you can hardly believe that you would need to break the rules that often. Yet it is extremely true. I grudgingly do this, perhaps because I have convinced myself that it needs to be done.