Once again, I am embarrassed by a stupid spelling mistake . . .

Ok, I spelled "exceptitions" on my last post instead of "exceptions". DUH. Once a post is submitted here on myLot, you can't edit these darn errors . . . oh well. Do you ever feel stupid about the errors you may make in life - but feel ok about it because there's nothing you can do about them? I suppose all we can do is eat it sometimes - and learn from these silly mistakes.
@dawnald (84126)
• Shingle Springs, California
I mostly just feel stupid about them. Apparently I'm supposed to be perfect or something...
Hee hee - aren't we all supposed to be perfect? I guess I feel stupid about it here because once you post something, it's like written in stone. There's no going back to fix anything - you can't erase any dumb mistakes!
@dawnald (84126)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well you can ask Admin to delete it, but they aren't going to do that for a typo. Actually they probably laugh their azzes off at some of them!
I've actually come to accept the fact that when I am on here I am going to have spelling errors that happen during the time that I'm on mylot. However, there are other things in my life that I do occasionally make a mistake with and in those kinds of situations, it is actually quite difficcult for me to accept a mistake that I've made. You see, I'm a perfectionist and there are many times that there are mistakes that I make and I'm never happy unless things are perfect. I wish I could learn to accept mistakes more easily, but I don't know if it will ever happen.
I hate making stupid mistakes - especially in a headline in writing where your spelling error screams out "stupid mistake" - hee hee. I can't say I'm a perfectionist about things - but I do take spelling errors to heart because I used to be an excellent speller. Eh, but I didn't say I was the most excellent typist - hee hee. My fingers do the walking - but sometimes they run too far ahead of my thoughts!!
@monmon20 (59)
i do fell stupid and silly sometimes when i have a mistake. Usually i laugh at myself to relieve myself from the embarrassment. it is better that i laugh at myself than others laugh at me first.
Oh yes, I laugh at myself all the time! But the thing is no one can see me laughing on myLot - but the good thing is I can't see others laughing at me here either - ha ha!! Oh well - we all make mistakes in life I guess!
@gdesjardin (1938)
Oh yes...all the time. I usually am on mylot first thing in the morning or late at night. Apparently my brain doesn't function anytime I am on here...lol. I have tons of misspelled words and sentences that sometimes don't even make any sense. I think it happens to a lot of us here. But I do wish there was an edit button.
Hee hee. A lot of times my thoughts go ahead of my typing, so I tend to skip words too and then my writing really makes no sense. An edit button would be cool - but I guess our current state makes us really try hard to get it right the first time (well, when we think of it anyway!!).