happy thoughts

I usually love rainy days. The breeze it brings has a cooling and calming effect. But sometimes, particularly when rain catches one on a pretty bad day, the rain reinforces the gloom one feels making it difficult to think of happy thoughts that would lift one's spirit out of the gloom one is in. How about you? Do you find it easy to think of happy thoughts when you are gloomy and therefore lift your spirit out of gloom? How do you do it?
I love the rain.I see rain positively than negatively.I see the pouring water as blessings.when it is raining,I feel like stepping out and dancing in the rain.I am conditioning myself to think happy thoughts,or if I'm feeling down,I try to think of things that make me happy or laugh.just earlier I saw a video of Newfoundland dogs dragging their poor owners to the lake.it made me laugh.
Hi! I know that feeling about rain. And watching a comedy strip on tv is one way of forcing a happy thought as it forces you to laugh. Depending on the depth of my mood, sometimes it brings out a smile out of me and sometimes, I would just stare at it. It is nice that you are successful with your happy thought. Have a nice weekend.
@bingskee (5237)
i cannot easily deviate from what i am currently feeling. i mean, if i am sad, it would not be easy to feel happy. the sad thoughts will linger. it would be a desire from me with an effort to temporarily forget about the sad thoughts.
Hi bingskee. Same here, i find it really hard to shift from being sad to being happy. Most often I just sleep it off (which is easy if its raining and am at home as it is cool) and hopefully wake up happy. Cross my fingers. Lol. Thanks for your response.
@sandymay16 (1619)
I love rainy days only if I am not going out or if I am not doing my laundry. Rainy days bring gloom or not depending on my mood. But mostly rainy days are best because I can curl in bed and sleep or read a book and think of yes happy thoughts. And I like to eat a lot with friends during rainy days and talk about happy thoughts. When you're gloomy, happy thoughts are mostly not easy except maybe when you really force yourself out of that gloomy situation. Hmmm hard.
Really hard, isn't it, when you are down feeling sorry for yourself and the world and you force yourself to remember happy days and happy thoughts. It is like going uphill pushing a big stone up. But I agree with you that rainy days is best for curling in bed and sleep to the sound of rain. Thanks for your response, sandymay.
@cher913 (25890)
i dont mind rainy days because i like knowing that i am cozy in my house (or work) and since i love sweaters and cozy clothes, candles, blankets etc) so that is what i do.
Yes, Cher, I love rainy days particularly when i am at home since i can putter around. I think I get your idea of turning a gloomy day to a cozy day. Thanks for your response.