Way to go Jeff Beck and wife.

Thanks to Bill Maher for this post.On his show he said Beck and his then Fiancee Chose to be Mormon Before they Wed. She said " Now that we are to marry, we need to choose a religion." I may not agree with his views but I do applaud this.Everyone has the right to choose their path . Or to not follow Any religious path. Poor Bill Maher couldn't understand why an adult would choose Any religion! He seemed to be upset that an adult could choose Any religion. So my questions are these. Shouldn't a couple sit down and decide their joint religious path ? And are some atheists threatened by a person's right to choose a religion? My responses are Yes and No. Yes a couple Should discuss Everything and that includes religion. If both aren't memberd of Any faith but they Want to join one , then why not shop around together? and no, No atheist should have Bill's reaction which seemed like a jealous little boy's. since he doesn't have a relationship with a G-d he thinks No one should.I Know not All Atheists are like that! Your thoughts.
@blue65packer (11835)
I think everyone who plans to get married should discussion religion. Not just their faiths but it they have children what religion will they raised under? Like example if one spouse is Jewish and the other is Christian. I know that can cause big problems in the future! It also goes for people who are both Christians but aren't from the same church. Example: My older brother is Lutheran. His wife is Chatholic. They go to each other's churchs and their daughter goes to a Chatholic school. With Atheists I can see trouble if one spouse is and the other isn't! They better really think hard what they plan to teach their children,if they have any! A person can believe in what they want to believe. I just think some marriages go under because of the religion issue! I know couples who got married and one joined the others faith. I see nothing with that either! As long as they aren't doing it to just please the other! If they are not isn't a smart move! Don't start you marriage off with a lie! That is so not right!
Lol!Start marriage off with a lie? To me it is All a lie. I would have ro lie to everyone! I totally agree. One of the first Real serious discussions Any couple,married or not, should be about religion. I also agree that joining a religion Just to please a mate is Stupid and a waste of time. If you don't Believe in your heart this is the path for you , not only are you lying to your partner but to G-d Too!
A person's religion and/or belief system is a large part of who they are. It is an important thing that a couple come into agreement in this area. Otherwise the marriage is doomed from the start. It can potentially cause lots and lots of problems if it is not discussed beforehand.
I agree. I think if a couple have different beliefs and yet they respect each other's choice , their relationship can work.