Keeps on eating when depressed.

@johan143 (165)
I have a childhood friend who has a problem with her health because when she is depress she keeps on eating any food that is available to be eaten. But me, when im depress i go to my room and like myself and cry out and sleep. i also lost appetite. how about you, what do you do when depress?
@KrauseHome (33385)
Most of the time my appetite is a lot smaller when I am depressed or stressed and often have to even sometimes force myself to eat. That is not the Best since I am Insulin dependant diabetic, but it does happen. Usually try to find things though that can help me get over this.
@ajithlal (14564)
I also think it is best to find other things in life like walking, spending time on beach, watching cartoons, listening to music, etc are better to keep a person distracted to some extend.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
If I am depressed, all I want to do is sleep. I have an awful time just staying awake. It is like my body just shuts itself down.
@ajithlal (14564)
I would suggest you to put on music will taking sleep. This will helps to change your mood especially when you are depressed.
No i don't eat when i get depress. That time i can't eat. My lyrinx don't allow me to go the good inside my stomach.I do the same what you do. When i am depress then some time i do cry and just to my bed for sleep.Because i love to be alone that time.I need some space to overcome my depress. Good luck!
@ajithlal (14564)
I think one should try to listen to music and take a walk and try to do things that can help to make the body going and also mind going busy. I think most times we think of alternatives to relax our mind or to take the concentration of the depression thing and eating is one thing that a person does to remove depression.
I can't stop eating when I feel depressed. I think it is horrible being like this. But,I have tried to handle it by eating fruits not real foods.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think it is a good idea to consume fruits. One of the way to deal with depression is to play some computer games and keep one self busy or to spend time in the beach. More time we spend alone, the more time we will feel depressed.
@msabc1 (88)
I will keep on eating and eat a lot when I'm relaxed or when I'm happy, but I usually lost appetite when I'm depressed. There were times when I did use eating to cheep up myself or compensate my depression but I found it not really useful. Keep on eating when depressed worsen the situation for all my friends around might think that I must be happy to eat such a lot, and then I feel that no one understands me, and more depressed. So I will tell my sister about it when depression strikes me, who is willing to listen, and I'll also pray to Jesus when I'm depressed now.
@ajithlal (14564)
Jesus Christ understands us and will answer our prayers. I think you should try to stop eating and try to find other ways to deal with depression. I would suggest you to pray, listen to music, or take a walk when you feel depressed nest time.
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I will go for food when I feel depressed,but I will control my food intake limit. After that I prefer to be alone and let myself cool down,at least I need a quiet place and probably having a sleep is one of the way to get myself out from depression. I try not to get myself in depression,of course, life is up and down and can have some stress,however, if I quickly settle up the problem, the stress may not occur and I can feel more relax once I got it settle down.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think it is better to hear music rather than eating food and it is good to watch movies.
@kodukodu84 (1576)
I also lost my appetite to eat when I'm depress. I will be walking like a zombie too around the house, I can't think of anything else but being sad and miserable I will spent my time all alone in my room and don't really want to talk to other people because I become more sensitive to what people say. I'm also grumpy and not in the mood to do lots of things like going out or meeting up with friends. But I actually realised that the less thing I do when I'm depress, the faster I get better, maybe because less people will disturb me and I have so much space to think of what I should do with my problem.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think walking helps to pump oxygen to our brain and helps us less depressed. I have heard that when we exercise more we get more oxygen to our brain and we will get less depressed.
During last 2 months i too had severe depression, the cause is still unknown, i have a discussion on it, you may see;; many male, female have depression issues and they try to sove in different ways, some behave as you said, how are you now, is it gone or still persists? Have a nice day ahead. Professor ‘@Bhuwan@’. .
@ajithlal (14564)
One of the best way to fight depression is to keep one self busy. I always noticed that when I makes myself busy with various activities or with exercises or spending time with my pets or spending time with my friends or family, I forgets to being depressed. Most times when we spend too much time with ourselves we get more and more depressed. I think people find ways to fight depression and eating is one of the way to fight depressed. I used to eat a lot and lot when I get depressed and I noticed that I get more and more weights. I then started to keep myself busy with other things in life rather than food when I get depressed and found that I began to lose weight and also becoming less depressed.