Tomorrow is the Big Day

So those of you who have been following some of my posts, know my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer last Wednesday. This past Tuesday they did a bone scan and a C/T scan. Tomorrow morning he goes to talk to the oncologist to see how far the cancer has spread. They are guessing it is outside the prostate. There is a thing called a Gleason scale. If you want to know about it, I recommend looking it up as it would be a long explanation for me to do. Anyway, knowing where he is on the Gleason scale, most likely the cancer has spread outside his prostate. We are hoping that it didn't spread, that maybe even a miracle will occur, and the cancer will be gone (it has happened to people before). But we also are praying it is not outside his prostate. Please keep my family in your prayers. My dad has been a rock, but it is wearing on him. He just wants to know! Once they know the stage, he can get on with treatment. I do have some good news. My dad got a letter from one of my mom's aunts today. I don't think I can fully explain how many people's lives my dad has touched. And my mom's aunt is one of them. My dad has helped her family far and above being related by marriage. This was reflected in the letter he got today. There was a note saying enclosed was a gift of love, with a check of $570. That was very sweet of her. And the money will come in handy. His insurance isn't that great, so the money will be needed when the cancer treatments start. Anyway, I wanted to share that with you guys. Thanks for all of you who have contacted me with your support.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I hope and pray that everything comes out fine with your dad and your family.I know you are worried and scared about this.The Lord is looking out for your dad and your family.
Hey you! Long time no see on Mylot. Glad that you are still here. I lost touch with most of my Mylot friends after I left Florida. I'm back now.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Hey yeah I am still here. I just don't start posts in here like I once did. Nice to see you again :)
Same here! I love Mylot. But it takes some real serious effort and time to cultivate a really good discussion.
My heart breaks for you and your family. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Hey, it's great to see you again! How have you been?
Hey you! Great to see you again, too. I've been well. Thanks for asking. Health wise, I'm good. Everything else has been bad though. My family has been going through a bad turn financially this past year and half since we relocated. The state of Georgia kept trying to impound our car for the first four months after we moved here cause they said we didn't have car insurance. Which is totally bogus. Then our car broke down in January and we didn't have the money to fix it. So, financially that put us in a real pickle. Pretty much have to walk everywhere or take a cab. And, for the past year, the crook management that managed the mobile home park where we bought our trailer kept trying to evict us for no reason. They kept popping up surprise charges and saying we didn't pay. Literally, they gave us three days notice to leave and take our trailer over a bogus $10 charge that they cooked up. It was all bologna. They got fired and since then, nothing like that has happened. So hopefully that's over. Last week, my spouse got caught out in the cold when he couldn't catch his cab ride home from the Walmart and he tried to walk the mile back home. It was really cold and wet that day and he wasn't dressed properly with a coat. He picked up some kind of respiratory virus and has been battling it since. I've been so worried cause he's had serious health problems this last two years and this might be the thing that takes him. And, I'm worried that I will catch what he has or my daughter will catch it. But, I'm hanging in there, scratching it together the best way I can and trying to stay positive. Are you doing OK? I can only imagine what you're going through.
Here is a Prayer I have said for your Father and want to share with you: Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the Trouble, alleviate your worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in Your hands. We place our sick under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge. Your holy will and know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us. Amen. I will repeat my prayer once more tomorrow morning that whichever the outcome is that your father get all the love and support he needs as well as to be comfortable at such a hard experience of not knowing. Be well, and God Bless you, your father and your family.
Thank you so much. I have prayed that whatever happpens, I accept His will and trust that He knows what is best for all of us.
AmbiePam, I hope your Father is comfortable and recovering. May God allow him to have acceptance and a full recovery. Thanks for my BR.
@erikmama (12934)
Ambie I am so sorry to hear about this. It brings back pain to read this discussion.And I am choking up.As I was reading all I could think of was when I took my daddy to the doctor. He had been losing weight and felt terrible all of the time,so they did some tests and such.We never hear anything back,so assumed it was ll ok.It had been more than a month since the tests, so we didnt think he had cancer.We arrived at the doctor office smiling and laughing and the doctor told him he had cancer.It was the most painful thing I have ever heard in my life.It broke my heart into pieces.I can relate to what you are going through.I know that there are no words I can say to make it any better,so I wont even try.But please keep the faith and stay strong.Miracles can and do happen every single day, and tehere are tretments that can help him. I will be praying for your dad as wll as for God to keep you all strong. I love u daddy!
Thank you. I'm sorry that you have had this pain too.
@cynthiann (18629)
• Jamaica
i wrote a long response that must have gone to computer heaven. i have been praying so hard for your dad and have just noticed that i am now using caps. apologies. it has been a very long day. god bless you and your family. keep strong.
@cynthiann (18629)
• Jamaica
Uh oh! Did Mylot cleverly change my response from caps to regular? Thank you Mylot
• Marion, Kansas
I will pray for him now and later tonight. You will be amazed at how people care about him as things go on. I will probably look up the Gleason Scale. Are yoou staying home with your mom while he goes?
She's going with him. I asked him if he wanted me to go, and he said I could if I wanted to. But my mom said she'd rather me not come. So I decided I wouldn't come with them. Perhaps it would be better for them to hear it together with no other people for them to worry about comforting.
@carmelanirel (21108)
Oh that's great news and I will pray for even better news tomorrow and put him on my prayer group..:)
What does Dell have to do with this discussion?
I pray that this will all turn out better than you all expect. I pray that you have strength for each of you. I pray that your father gets good news. I pray for you and your family to continue to be the solid strength you all have.
I am really sorry about your dad's cancer. I will be praying for him, you and your family. It was wonderful that your aunt was touched by your father. Sometimes we have no idea just how much someone has been touched by our life, words or actions, until they outright tell us. I had that experience yesterday. It meant so much to me. We need to express our feelings more often.
@katsmeow1213 (29023)
Wishing you all good luck.. I hope it's good news! Keep us posted.
Thanks, Kat.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hi Ambie, if I am not wrong I replied to the good news a few Days ago It must have been awful though waiting for the results I really hope your Dad will get better very soon and that he is doing ok
hi abmie pam I think I responded to another one of your discussions telling that they know its now contained, and I am so glad you all found that all . I have got behind on my friends discussions and playing catch up which has been hard as I have been down witn a virus. So I would sleep in after breakfast then get up and myhlot a lot all afternoon.I am glad your father got that gift of love as specially in this situation money is going to be very handy. My prayers still go out to your dad and you and allyour loved ones. hugs from hatley.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hi Amber, I am so sorry to that your family, especially your dad is having to go through all this. I know how wonderful a man he is and how he has been the rock of your family. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that the news is better than you think. I am here for you if and when you need me, but I know that you already know that. You have my phone # and email addy. I will do whatever I can to help. Love, Leslie
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi AmbiePam, I have been away for a while and this is the first post I came across and am responding too. I am so very sorry to hear about your father and my thoughts and prayers are with him and your family at this difficult time Healing huggles for your dad. Ellie xxx
@jillhill (37399)
That was a wonderful gift your dad recieved. I am sure between your mom and dad the expenses are piling up.....and that can effect your dad's recovery....see I said recovery so pray for the best!
• Portugal
ambie^^ i wish really that your father be fine^^ and that he doesnt have cancer outside the prostate and that he can procede treatments^^ im sure that he deserved that money from your aunt ^^ and im happy that she helped you ^^ your father need to thinks positive and never give up^^ need fight against it and for sure can be cured^^ it wont spread^^ you will see ^^ and when you have news just share with us^^ ok?^^ we will pray for your father^^
@Thoroughrob (11771)
Prayer are definitely sent your way for him and your family. It was very nice of your aunt to do such a thing. It will be a big help.
@Lakota12 (42794)
awww so nice of your Aunt! and energies coming your way that it will turn out well the thing is to make sure it hasnt gone to the lumph nodes like it had on my hubby! HE had bladder cancer
@paula27661 (15900)
It is good to hear updates on your dad. I have been keeping you and your family in my prayers and my biggest wish right now is that the cancer has disappeared or can at least be controlled and sent packing with the appropriate treatment. Your poor dad must be feeling so anxious waiting for his results; it’s such a shame that it has to take so long before people can find out what their fate is! I wish your father all the best, keep us posted...
@veejay19 (3592)
ambiepam, i will certainly pray for your father and hope that his cancer will be cured completely. Take heart because a lot of people have recovered from cancer and are leading normal lives. I am sure your dad too will recover fully. Its good to know that there is a lot of suppoert from your family members whether it is moral or monetary. I am going to introduce you to a friend of mine, an American citizen, who is a faith and spiritual healer, an extremely good person. I will send you a private message giving his name and his email id and you can write to him giving all the details including your dad`s name, address, etc. He will definitely pray for your dad. Keep your chin up, we all are with you.