Health Warning, The Truth About Fluoride.

The seems to be a general misunderstanding about the facts about fluoride and your health. Firs lets learn what fluoride is. Fluoride is a byproduct of aluminum manufacturing. It also make a great pesticide and is widely used as such. Ever wonder why your not supposed to swallow toothpaste? It's the fluoride in it that is toxic. Fluoride also allows aluminum to cross the blood brain barrier more effectively. Many studies link aluminum to some brain diseases such as Alzeimers. I have recently seen fluoride promoted in infant drinking water, even though the ADA (American Dental Association) has stated that flurinated drinking water should not be used to make infant formula. So why is fluoride in our water and toothpaste and being considered as an additive to salt? Well in the 1930 a study funded my the aluminum manufaturing companies found the fluoride prevents tooth decay. But the sponsor of the study needs to be considered when such profits are in the equation. Now instead of having an expensive budget to dispose of the toxic chemicals, aluminum manufactures can actually make a profit by selling it to consumers as a product for distibution into our water. The other day I talked to the principle personally about taking my kids off the oral fluoride rinse program. He stated that they don't push the program since our kids get enough from the local water supply. I informed him that internal consumption is not the way fluoride even works. Health benifits (if any) come from using the toxin topically, that is rubbing it on the tooth. this is the general ignorance of the subject. The principal, a good hearted man thought that this toxic was was a necessary nutrient. So in conclusion, make sure that you go over proper rinsing habits with your kids, kids don't have control over there bodies like adults do and some swallowing is usual. If you can, buy a non fluorinated toothpaste for your kids. Kids brains are far more effected than our own and the damage is forever. Find out if your municipal water supply has fluoride and take the proper steps to reduce your kids contact with it. Even now many bottled water is adding fluoride. Just trying to do my part, knowledge is power. here is an article about the health effects of your health http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-is-Fluoride-Bad-for-You here is a video if you don't feel like reading http://www.fluoridealert.org/
@de_toya (2433)
wow, is that true? I don't know it before. I found most of toothpaste in my country contain fluoride, even I don't know whether there is toothpaste without fluoride inside. The most popular and wide use of toothpaste used in my country use fluoride in their product as well. If it is really dangerous, why does my government never take an action to prevent this or at least take a test to the product. They should take an action to protect the people. Now, I consider to change my toothpaste with the product which no fluoride. I hope I can find one. Thank you for the information. It's very useful to me.
aluminum manufactures have lots of money to pay governments to look the other way when they find out the truth.
@cyrus123 (6364)
This is interesting because I always thought that fluoride was good for your teeth. When daddy was living, we always got our water from a well because he didn't want to have to pay a water bill. When he passed away in 1985, mother wanted to start getting city water because when we had well water, everytime we had a power failure, the water wouldn't work, either. Before we started getting city water, I had a lot of problems with cavities and I always took care of my teeth. After we started getting city water, my dental check ups were better because I didn't have as many cavities all the time. I thought it was due to the fluoride in the city water. You never can tell, though.
millions of dollars have been spent to convince people that the stuff is safe, could it be that when you started using city water you were older and brushed your teeth better. If fluoride has benefits, it is only if used topically (directly on the teeth) I would rather just stay clear of all toxic waste if given the opportunity and knowledge. I looked up floride, or flouride spelled incorrectly on mylot and found people who thought that is was some kind of vital nutrient or something. It is not.
Found this on mylot as well, I guess if you are concerned with toxic waste in our kids water, you are un-American http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3TjtXJaQI
@cyrus123 (6364)
I was 33 when we started getting city water. I was always good about brushing my teeth right after eatting because I just couldn't stand the feeling of dirty teeth. I never had to be reminded. I didn't always floss like I should have, though. I didn't start flossing everyday until I was 34 and wore braces for about a year. It wasn't because of the fluoride that mother wanted to start getting city water, though.
@se7enthbird (8326)
thank you very much for a very interesting discussion a + rate for you. there are a lot of things like fluoride that is really toxin but still it is made into something that we can use. what is very scary is we use this water that has fluoride and toothpaste as well. maybe this is the reason why out pediatrician told us that we can teach our son hygiene like brushing teeth but we will not put any toothpaste on his tooth brush. now only that i understand, because younger children tend to swallow the paste than to spit it out. regarding with water is there any thing we can do to eliminate fluoride on the water we drink?
Well I think that special filters are needed to eliminate fluoride in water. Are you in an area that fluorinates the water?
yes we are. we are from the Philippines and i know that they use chlorine to make the water clean. lucky we have a Brita at home that we filter our water first before we but it in the pitcher or before we make it into ice cubes. thanks a gain for responding to my question, it was cool discussing with you.
Chlorine is used in most water to kill bacteria and viruses. Chlorine is needed in many parts of the world in order to keep people from getting sick from these bacteria and viruses. Fluoride is different, it is a neurotaxin that is used to medicate the population, they are two different things. thanks for responding :)
@nangisha (3504)
I think this world made many controversy!. I don't really know how about this fluoride but I believe all chemical substance has his positive and negative effect on us. I think industry has been used it for many years and they will has many problem if we sued them so they must already do thoroughly examination before adding it in their product. As long they limited the amount its will be OK especially in tooth paste because we don't swallow it.
I'm not sure of any chemical that has a positive effect on us. can you name a few?
@nangisha (3504)
Medicine.
@jennyze (7045)
Whew, thanks so much for sharing this info. It was supposed to make your teeth healthy, but I guess it is a side effect.
It may harm teeth as well as the rest of your body.
@jennyze (7045)
Not good...
Thanks for sharing this information. I dont drink tap water anymore. I buy bottled water that comes from a well not too far from where I live. We sure never know what we drink or eat, do we?
I'm trying to figure it out, thanks for your response :)
Thanks for posting this! People definitely need to be aware of the poisoning effects on fluoride in water - systems, as well as in our toothpastes. This is dangerous, unhealthy, and is slowly killing people. My personal belief is that the government is adding fluoride to our water, and allowing it to remain in our toothpaste as a means of population control.
@hofferp (4737)
Thanks for the information. I have my own well and I know there's no fluoride in it, but it makes me think about the many years before I had my own well? As for toothpaste, I'll read the labels...
I like your post. Very few people realize how dangerous fluoride can be. It is also helpful in small amounts, but only in very small amounts. When my son went to public school I refused to let him have the fluoride rinses, and used bottled water instead of tap water. I don't let the dentist do fluoride treatments either though they have begged me. We do use fluoride toothpaste though. When they were babies the pediatrician was always nagging about fluoride supplement also.
@Lakota12 (42681)
thanks for this am sening to my kids as they didnt beleive me when I said floride was bad
@lumenmom (1995)
Thanks for sharing. I have had my concerns about flouride for some time now and have been puzzled by the mixed information that is out there. It's scary to think they would put something toxic in our drinking water and expose our children to this.
@dragon54u (31653)
I'm glad you're sharing that information. I had read reports like that before my children were born in the mid-80's. Info was hard to get then compared to now, there was internet but it was just dial-up and not as much info as now. I did it the old-fashioned way, going to the library and studying medical journals. We got our water from a well so my kids weren't exposed to fluoride and I knew that toothpaste wasn't really necessary for oral health. My adult children are fine. They had the normal amount of cavities and nothing horrible happened to them living without fluoride! There are a LOT of poisons out there that we are feeding our children. The trouble is, most of them make our lives easier and the facts are hidden just enough so that busy people are too busy to spend time looking for them.
thankyou for your timely message. because, my son is suffering from tooth decay and now he is under rootcanal treatment. also, i have started an article, regarding iodine and fluoride in bore water. post your valuable opinions thankyou once again