Is it correct to say ,,"Inowledge is power"..?

We ofter hear that " knowledge is power" When I thik about it I get a number of doubts.As I know knowledge is in know of any thing What ever it may be.There are different types such as...knowldge of science, knowledge of law, knowledge of medicine like that.But what is that knowledgte which really gives power to man.?If the statement is not correct why the elders should say that.Is it possible to know everything.It is not possible.Is there a specific knowledge that gives power?As I am not clear about this statement..can any one of you expalin it in detail to mme...
@inu1711 (5288)
In my country there is also a saying similar to "knowledge is power". It says "cine are carte are parte". Translated, it should sound like "people who have learned well in school have all the luck". (my translation is a little forced , if there is any Romanian who can help me give a better translation, I will be thankful). I don't think it's important wich is the domain wherein you posess knowledge, in order to have power. Every kind of knowledge is usefull in life, and the more you know, the more powerfull you become.
Yes . Every kind of knowlede is useful in life.You need not acquire special knoqwledge of a particular subject.Knowing little of every thing is beneficcial in life.Power need not necessarily mean physical stength.When we know certain things which is knowldge we can face any situation.That is why knowledge is power...
@inu1711 (5288)
You're right. Yet, there are cases when one can be the only person who knows something very particular, and that person is very powerfull. My boss told us a story about a german enterprise where there was an employee who was the only person who knew how to operate a particular machine. They said they could never fire that person. I think he was quite a powerfull person.
From what you say now i understand that knowledge is really power.Ignorance never pays.If one is in know of things he can cnfidently move ab out in any place and in the company of strangers.Secondly if you plead ignorance of everthing you will be easily considered as a fool
@hushi22 (4941)
i do believe that knowledge is power but i prefer a knowledge best with virtue.
You are very correct.What is the use of knowing eerything or so many things without any virtue.Knowledgfe with virtue is useful to others.All the modern scientic inventions uith virtue are TV mobiles which are useful to humanity but scientific inventioons without virtue like nuclear weapons destructive chemical sprays are dangerous to humanity.Therefore excellent knowledge with with virtue is only noble...
@hushi22 (4941)
thanks my friend, but sad to say there are still less people who understand this.