I ended up ordering showtime last night.

Do you have showtime? I found I had nothing to watch but,the same old reruns. I know they repeat movies as well. But,at least I get to watch some. I watched two movies this morning and half of one last night.
@sid556 (31005)
I used to get showtime and then HBO. They did have some good movies but I found that it was cheaper to go rent a movie then to pay the price because of the repeat ones. I'd usually see all the ones I wanted in the first week or so and then they repeated them all over and over. Some people love it. I just thought it was not worth the cost.
If I find there are repeats like that I will cancel it and go back to net flix. ThereI got to see all kinds of movies.
@sid556 (31005)
Well maybe they've improved it since I had it. It has been a long while since I've had it so I hope so for your sake.
I canceled it and went with starz and encore where I got better movies. My mother tipped me off to the better package.
When we lived at my mother's house we had some of the premium cable channels but since we moved over here we don't have any of them. That said, I don't even know what kinds of shows come on Showtime anymore so I can't tell you whether or not it was a good investment. I think that for me personally, given the choice I would probably lean more toward having nexflix or something like that instead of getting a premium movie channel.
@burrito88 (2779)
If I was going to buy premium channels, I woulddo Starz/Encore. You get more channels although they don't have much original programming. They will be showing the next incarnation of Torchwood however.
I was just telling someone above that I switched to atarz and encore. It is a good thing I did I love these movies so much.
I so miss my paid tv, I am so literally bored as I can't afford to go out and do anything, let alone pay for cable. I keep comforting myself by trying daily to say to myself that I am blessed to have a roof over my head, I do cheat and sulk but well life has just been to hard this year for me. Congrats on your Show-time and happy viewing.
Do you at least have something to watch? If not try netflix for one month you will love it so much. I stopped it only because I have cable now. But,my daughter wants it back.. They ship out movies fast as well.
I really cannot afford cable or showtime. I am okay, we have a million movies or I can listen to music. I have sewing and other stuff to do as well.
I am trying to start making soaps or candles. I want another craft now.
Nope I don't have showtime. I don't have paid tv I can't afford it since buying our home & being home it's one luxury we gave up. We watch movies on Hulu or Krackle granted not much are A rated movies many are old but still better than nothing.
I use to watch hulu as well when I had no tv. It was not too bad then I ordered net flix and that was great.
@umklassg (60)
Showtime is totally worth it, Californication will be premiering soon and it is an incredibly good show. Good call :)
I know ti will really be good for saturdays and sunday when less is on tv.