Exchange plant food between friends and families

My mom just completely retired at home right now, her daily activities encircled around planting and cooking. She take good care of her little garden on our backyard, and indeed, she plants some vegetables for hobby and for our daily food. There were always excessive of them, and we like to give away either to my cousin's family or to my mom's friends. In exchange, my cousin family also plant some fruits or vegetable at their backyard, probably different from my moms. At that way, we save money for exchange excessive plant food, don't you think? We do this regularly, and especially at the late summer time, either my cousin, or we visit each other, and exchange idea of what is good to plant at our backyard the next year.
@sallyj (1228)
That is the way i think life should be. But this year was a poor year for me to grow much. Things did not produce as i wanted. I like to provide for my son and his wife. I can and freeze, but not much this year.
Well, actually, my mom produce a lot of vegetables, and I like them too. We have excessive in our house, that is why we have to give away some, as long we can't keep them too long.