Wedding Bells

Jeeze, is it just me or is everyone getting married younger and younger. Its kinda funny. Back in the "old days" people would be getting married at 18 & 19. And then it started to get later and later now its coming back and getting younger again. Do you know anyone young that just got married or engaged. Its so weird seeing your friends getting married!!
@annawen86 (547)
i am 24 years old. me and my boyfriend are planning to get married at 2012. we are collecting money for our future right now. married is not a game and it's not for fun. we have to be wise to decide what good for us. we have to have plan and money for our life and our kids. we cant decide to married young and then has a difficult sutiation to raise kids and dont have money. i think it wil be wise to collect money first, so our kids will not be suffer and we can guarantee their lfe when they are born
I was in my 32 when I got married. I know people who are younger who get married. I think that there are too many people married at a young age. I think it depends on finacial situations and if they are emotionally ready. I know when I was not ready to get married at the age of 18.
@jazel_juan (15767)
i have friends who marry at 25, 24 years old. i do not find it early or very young age to marry i find it the right age, since they can both enjoyu their time together, travel..and have kids early.. i just find it right. i have a friend who marry last year at the age of 24 and they both have the time of their lives right now, travelling and enjoying each others company and she says they are now planning on having a kid:)
Well, women got married young because they had no other options. Women wee wives and mothers and nothing more. They were not expected and sometimes even not allowed to further their education or pursue a career. There were very few options available for women and most of which were menial and low-paying. This is also why divorce was so uncommon. Women could not support themselves so they were trapped by needing their husband to support them. Socially, it had nothing to do with people being "more mature" or "falling in love" or being able to "work it out" better. There simply were no other options. Kids are getting married younger now partly because they're not being pushed or inspired to further their education, partly because they don't have any sound voice of reason when they "fall totally totally in love" and end up pregnant or something. They try to act older than their are, think they know everything and try to use "they did it in the old days!" as some kind of validation. However it almost never works and they end up divorced by 25.
@laydee (12814)
Hmm.. I started noticing that when I was in my early 20's but now that I'm quite older, I notice that most of my friends are getting married late. I am still not married and honestly their wedding photos make me smile at the same time makes me feel that I may never be able to post wedding photos of myself because I would not get married.