Detention in school

Israel
Do you think that having students stay after school, copying the rules, or just siting for 15 minutes really helps students behave in class? Or does it just build resentment against the teacher. Does it make the teacher's life easier? Or does it make the teacher into a policeman? I'm wondering whether to implement this system or not. Please give me all your opinions, positive or negative.
if you are planning to make them sit for 15 mins, i think the students will hardly feel the pain of the punishment, should make them stay for at least an hour. You can try giving them extra assignment to do for this 1 hour instead of copy rule. Doing this will allow student to learn and practice some work at least. One negative thing is that student will really resent against the teacher who did this to them, but the kids never really understand what we do are best for them actually. Spare the Rod, Spoil the kids? We should see punishment as character building and this kids will grow up to thank us one day. haha
I am sorry folks I can't agree with you. If you force kids to sit in the school even school hour, whatever the assignment may be they will not end up with it quite positively. Even if they finish the class work it might not be of use to them. Simply their concentration will be somewhere else. I don't ask you to spare the rod. But use the rod to build their character.
• Israel
I prefer to have the homeroom teacher deal out the punishments as I cannot come back to the school to sit and do the detentions. There is one teacher who is doing this detention system and the students are crying to me to get out of her class.
@naka75 (797)
I would think that it helps little to instill disciplines in the students through these measures. It causes unhappiness to the students and I believe no one would like to stay behind after class to do some extra work that is not related to school work. What the teacher needs to do is to inspire their learning desires, and show concern to find out what they misbehave. It could be they're facing some situations at home or the lessons are boring.
@manleyjoe (1599)
I agree that something needs to be done to get students to "behave" in class but I am still not convinced that detention after school is the answer. Peer pressure is the best motivator that I know. But how do we accomplish this? That is the question. The detention will not work for the rural students as they would then miss their ride on the bus,causing a hardship on the parents which will foster more resentment. There now you are still where you were but with new ammo to help you decide.
Does the existing literature provide reasons to beleive that the use of detention on saturday is generally effectively as well as specifically effective in terms of reducing school.
School life a most intresting and I have the missed our school friends and teachers. I'm wondering whether to implement this system or not. Student life are most intertaint.
That is great topic to discussion Many people are different thinking few peoples thinking school in temple and other persons thinking has detention in school schoo is to be a knowledge about our istrucling life