The Broadband Internet is getting ultimately cheaper

I visited a friend mine of yesterday, she just had her Internet hooked up. She got the Cable modem for the first 12 months $20/month. After that, the price will bumped up to $45 again. But in such competition environment, that is still a good price though in comparison to AT&T, and charter and other internet service providers. Another friend of mine also got the same service and price from Comcast, which claimed to have up to 12 MPS in speed. There were also other packages available which including the Cable TV service too with ultra cheap price. Although it is for 12 months only deal, but it still be an attractive deal, isn't it?
@SHAMRACK (8442)
Dear friend, The internet I use is unlimited with 200mps. BSNL connection that is provided by Indian government. It cost $15 per month. At times if there is strong rain or wind the connections stops. Moreover there are also some private internet providers. But quality maintains only in certain specific areas.
wow, 200 Mbps, I wish that I can have that service for the price of $15 too. But it seems impossible for now. Even T1 line, that might not be that fast for solo usage at my home too. Well, anyway, you work the government, you definitely have this advantage to access them.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. kingparker. Yes, her package is very cheap. We have Virgin Mobile Broadband as our Internet connection. It works pretty decent too. On a scale to 100, I would give this Internet connection an 95. It has its moments and then again it doesn't. Many people will be going for another alternative to Internet connection because of the extremely expensive prices that the Cable Company has.
@srganesh (6349)
12mbps speed of broadband?! I am from India and we don't have that much speed now. Just struggling with 550 kbps to rarely 1 mbps speed in the name of broadband. This is from BSNL, the government. The other private companies are still bad. They focus on the metropolitan cities alone. But the rate is comparatively cheaper here if you properly choose the plan. I am with a limited 1.5gb usage plan which costs me around $10 per month.