is my daughter too old for a costume?

Well my daughter wants a costume and I think it may be a of a waste. I am not sure what her plans are for that spooky day. But,6ft tall I think your done trick or treating. What do you think?
No gifts if she wants a costume, help her with that. One thing so many parents today is that they need to keep their child as young as possible. Please do not say to her she is too old. Let her be as young minded as possible for as long as possible as one day she will be too grown for your liking. You would be amazed as to how many kids today are still trick or treating.
You said something that makes me want to ask you a wuestion about my daughter through private mail if you don't mind. I am about to cry so I will take a while to ask you. Thanks
Oh I hope I did not upset you in any way gifts, my mailbox is always open please do so, Sorry in advance if I hurt you in any way. I will await your message.
Oh no it is not that at all. And your messages must not be working. I did that message hours ago. aftr posting this. I just have a smal problem. Thanks so much.
I never stopped my children from dressing up for Halloween. I still at times dress up with them. My girls dressed up until they graduated from High school. We all had fun together every year. I am sorry I don't feel there is an age or height limit for enjoying the Halloween Holiday. If my girls didn't want to go trick or treating, they dressed up to pass out treats to the kids as they came to our home. Either way we always have fun.
Yah I want to stay home and give out the candy. My daughter wants to party or go trick or treating.
Maybe if she has friends or family that would go out with her, it could all work out for both of you. Just an idea. When my girls were high school age they would go with friends that I also knew. Didn't have any trouble with them.
@Fishmomma (11423)
My daughter is in her 20's and dresses up for Halloween. She buys her costume and your daughter might help earn the money doing jobs around the house. I think 16 is to old for knocking on doors trick or treating.
Well I asked her and she wants to go to a party with her friend or go trick or treating.
I didn't stop trick-or-treating until I was about 18 and that was only because my neighborhood stopped doing Halloween altogether, houses stopped decorating and answering their doors. When there are only a handful of active houses in several blocks of neighborhood, it stops being worth it. Stranger danger campaigns really suck. Anyway, my whole family still dresses up for Halloween even though we don't always have somewhere to go. My mom has been after me to help HER come up with a costume all month.
I am not sure if my daughter will have one. I will work on it though.
@19Bey83 (195)
Your question was about age, but you posted about her height. Weathers shes 6ft tall or 25 yrs old. If she wants a costume get it. its her choice. Don't influence her in a bad way when her peers aren't doing that to her.
Oh your so right she is 16 years old.
Is she old enough to be going to a halloween party? Or maybe not even a "party" but just a few friends dressing up and watching scary movies on halloween? That would require a costume.
She is 16 years old. I will call my neighbor who offered to loan me the money thanks.
You are probably right that she is too old for trick or treating, but that doesn't mean that none of her friends will be having a Halloween party that she might want to dress up for. Or, if no one is having a Halloween party, it might be fun for her to dress up in a costume and hand out candy to the smaller children on Halloween night as they go from door to door (my siblings and myself used to do this after we were too old to go trick or treating).
I'm thirty-eight years old, I still go trick or treating, and wear a costume. Yes, I take my kids trick or treating but I always have an extra bag for me as well. I also stock up on the good candy to hand out from our home. We typically only go for an hour so that our little ones get the experience, and then we're at home handing out treats to the older kids who go later. This is our first year in a new neighborhood so I'm not sure just how many we'll get but I plan to be prepared just as I was last year. This is my favorite holiday and I've always dressed in a costume. I've seen teens at my door before and I think it's great that they get into it. I wish more adults did to be honest. It's the one night of the year when you can truly be yourself. Perhaps that is all your daughter is wanting to do. Namaste-Anora
@sid556 (31003)
Actually, teens go out trick or treating now. I Know at least in my area that a lot of them did. Last year my 24 yr old and 25 yr old dressed up and went to a haunted house. When I was a kid, I stopped trick or treating really young and no one over age 11 or 12 went out but now I see a lot of them that do. Maybe she's going to a Halloween party.