A real kind soul...

@hvedra (1623)
Secret Millionaire is back on UK TV screens and the most recent episode featured a guy called Oscar Brogden. No, he wasn't the millionaire, he is an ordinary guy who works as a refuse collector. He started collecting and repairing bicycles that had been thrown away. He does them up and then gives them away to people in the community. He pays for any parts out of his own pocket and has given over 3,000 people a free bike. That's not all, he also tries to track down the owners of purses and wallets found by the other refuse collectors so they can be given back. If it is a lady's purse he often puts some money in it to help them out and because it is traditional. More? He also helps local kids by getting them Christmas presents when otherwise their families are too poor to get them anything. When the programmes millionaire, Chris Brown, tried to give him a donation Oscar refused to take it. He has agreed to let Mr Brown help by buying toys for needy kids - Oscar will provide him a list of names. What an amazing guy, he spends many hours of his own time each week helping other people with no thought of a reward other than a thank you and a smile. If you want to read more about Oscar http://www.rido-cyclesaddles.com/one-man-and-his-3000-bike-giveaway-c100053.html Do you know anyone like that in your community?
@writersedge (22579)
Everybody does a little bit if they can around here. There are people who fix bikes, some fix dolls, some make food or gift baskets up. Some donate toys. Almost everyone does some kind of Charity thing for Christmas around here. But most don't do that many things.
@writersedge (22579)
Thank you very much for best response. Hope to see you around more these coming weeks. Take care.
@bestboy19 (5482)
I suppose it's possible that there could be someone like Oscar in my community, but if there is, he's keeping it quiet. What a lovely selfless man this Oscar Brogden is.
• Marion, Kansas
I do not know any specific individuals, but I do know of groups, that started out as individuals, who provide bikes, holiday food baskets, bedding, beds, clothes, furniture and food supplies. Life is much more worth while when you give.
I don't really know anyone like that in my community and I haven't seen Oscar's story but since I got pay tv put on, I have been watching alot of the Lifestyle channel here in Australia which shows The Secret Millionaire - both the US & UK versions & I really admire the people who are out there helping people in their community...they definitely have big hearts.