Does 60/40 mean she will get the 60??

I was contacted by a woman who has a booth in the flea market by my house. She said if I want her to sell some of my shirts she would do it on consignment. I have never done this before and know nothing about it. I do know she said the terms would be 60/40. The shirts are listed oon craigslist for $8.00 each. Would you let me know what you would do in this case. I will go there to meet her tomorrow.
@stealthy (8188)
The consignmen type thing I have ever done was when I was getting divorced and I had some furniture from before the marriage that I wanted to sell. I tried a consignment furniture store and I never got a dime from them; they just got my furniture. I will never try that again.
Tht is terrible to hear and I am surely going to talk to her about when and how I get paid.
@writersedge (22579)
Ask about the return policy. If the clothes are not sold after a certain amount of time, when and where do you pick them up? Most consignment agreements have terms. If they don't sell and you don't pick them up, then they go to charity here. Same with our dry cleaners', if you don't pick up you clothes, after a month, they go to charity. Same with repaired shoes. So read the terms of your contract-all of it.
@sid556 (31005)
Ah yes, I had that happen with a box of clothes. Some sold but others she took and told me that she had donated them to charity because they were out of season. she was only putting out summer clothes at the time. I had some great sweaters that she took and never told me that she was only putting out summer items. Others document everthing you have and you get a printout. Price goes down after so many weeks and we are given the option to try to sell it elsewhere or donate it.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, Consignment is ok if it is your last resort on selling your items. This one doesn't sound like much of a deal as she will be making more on your shirts than you will. And then you have to wait for your money until she actually sells them. I'm thinking you might get a better deal if you check out the various consignment shops. Also sometimes these people are willing to work with you. It won't hurt to talk to her but also check around so that you get the best deal.
I get 60 Thanks
@sid556 (31005)
Oh well that's not so bad. They are all different. I guess we were looking at it backwards. As long as you are getting enough. Make sure you know what she will be selling them for also.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
Yes she will get the 60 and its not a good deal. It should be in my opinion 50/50 or 60/50.
Thanks so much.
I talked to her and I ge 60 and she gets 40.
@whyaskq (7532)
I thought you will 60 and she 40? Anyway, it all depends on how the person view it. I do think the terms are always negotiable and it is better to clarify before embarking on a contractual agreement. I wish you well.
@whyaskq (7532)
thanks for the best response. so did you manage to get your fair share?
@peavey (16866)
I, too, think it means that she means that she would get 60%. That seems very high... you need to figure your costs and see if it would be worth it. At 60%, she would be taking $4.80 out of each sale. Can you make the shirts for $3.20 and make any money from them?
I bought these shirts so this will not work out. The shirts I bought cheaper I can take over there.
Now when I was designing digital scrapbooking kits for an online store, the ratio that we were using was 80/20. That meant that I would get 80 percent of the money made off of my work and the store would get 20 percent of the money that was made off of the store. For that reason I would tend to think that by giving you that ratio on the consignment would mean that she would give you 60% of the money that was made off of the shirts and make a 40% profit herself. If that is the case that is really good for consignment.
@writersedge (22579)
She should have a contract that you sign telling you exactly what it means. I would think you would get the 60 and she would get the 40. I thought 70/30 was bad. Geesh!
@Strovek (870)
How often do you go to the flea market. Is she always there? I think the main thing is whether you will ever see the money.
@o0jopak0o (6406)
Well this is really one of the best things to do when you are just a small time maker of shirts and jewelries and such. But it should be 50/50 if the market for the booth is really not that big.
may be her ger 60
@CTHanum (8254)
the profit will be divide to 60/40?? surely she will get the 60. not a good deal.you should get the 60 while she is suppose to get the 40 because it's your product.what is your price??you should give her your own price include your profit and then she will decide additional price to be add to that price for her profit.like supplier to retailer price.
Yes 60/40 means she will get 60% of the money. You should bargain with her and see to it that you get 60% and she gets 40%.Of course, if you feel that you are getting a good profit on 40% itself, you can choose to go for 40.