For Cash and For Good ---Recycling Old Phones

@Beaufly (994)
I am in a recent mode of removing excess, of clearing so I have been giving away clothing to my local Goodwill (organization designed to help the poor and needy), and gathering items that need to be recycled, thrown out or given away. I am a daily re-cycler of newspapers, aluminum (cans) and plastic bottles but then there are other items such as old electronics and phones that need to find a new home or be recycled into a more useful product that can be created into some thing new. I had quite a few old phones that needed a new home. There are many places on-line where you can recycle and sell your old cell phone for cash or where you can donate it to charity. I have opted to do both. I researched my models with several on-line services and figured out which phones had any (or the most value). The ones with no value, I opted to donate them to charity. The other phones I sent away to paying recyclers (with free shipping labels that are available through the company after selection and registration). Now, I am waiting for the companies to evaluate the phones and send me my payment via paypal. (I will revisit this post and provide a payment update upon receipt). Not a bad deal, I was able to take items of absolute no use to me anymore and re-cycle them. I was able to do some good (charity) and make some cash at the same time. What about you? What do you do with your old phones?
@tyra005 (152)
Well that is a good idea to do that you are able to sell the things that you don't really need and the things that you think that they are already a junk. It is better for you to sell and them and I guess ebay is one of the good site to sell with as this site is protected from spam and fraud. It is also a good idea that what you have sold your item will donate to the charity, well it a good will of a good person. Good luck to your online selling.
@Beaufly (994)
Thanks for your comment! I like the idea of recycling (doing something good for the environment) and getting rewarded for that. I think we all can find ways to be a little greener.....
I just sold my old phone which was still new on ebay. I just switched phone companies and would never use the phone again.
@Beaufly (994)
I can relate. One of the phones that I sold and recycle is a (somewhat) popular phone that I will not recommend or buy ever again so it was definitely a "good riddens" moment. I am usually pretty optimistic but when I first had trouble (different functions not working), I was still under warranty and received a new phone and then the second time, I started having trouble (I could talk but no one could hear me), I knew the model was probably defective and I opted not to replace (now, not under warranty) but did something new with another company.