cannot get on a discussion

@suspenseful (40316)
I went on a discussion which was about teachers falling in love with their students, and it went to a blank page that said SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier. I am on wireless and not only did it happen on the Windows 7 laptop but on the Windows Xp desktop. I have not tried on my iphone yet. So does it mean that none of us in Winnipeg, MB should answer that discussion? Does it mean that the person who started it is using someone else's ip address and is there fore pretending to be who he or she is not? Does it mean that there is a keylogger, because I have an anti keylogger on my desktop? Is there a trojan or virus going around? So has anyone had the same problem because even though I use a mouse with my desktop, it should not happen there.
@carolscash (9500)
I haven't ever got that message so I am not sure as to what that is. I hope that it is not a virus and I hope that your computer has not been infected with anything. I will try to avoid any discussions about that type of thing.
@suspenseful (40316)
I did run my anti virus and I do on this laptop all the time, and it happened here as well, so am sure it is not virus or a Trojan. I do not know if the discussion makes the difference. I know that there is one friend who has a lot of political discussions and I do not have the problem with him. It could be the place where the poster lived, that maybe their internet is not that good.
@Lakota12 (42684)
not sure on this one dont think I have seen tht error notive but have had others where I have to sut the progam down. that I am in. Yesterday I was trying to anser a friends post and it tried to load my answer for 15 imins. never loaded so I shut it down dont know if my answer went or not so I IMd her with my answer
@suspenseful (40316)
That would be a good idea. I just did not get on the discussion so I did not have any time to find out what would have happened if I got an answer and I certainly do not want to go back and until I can try again.
@bunnybon7 (36504)
• Holiday, Florida
well every time i get on myspace and sometimes on FB, i get an error about a virus. and my one daughter said it had something to do with a hacker tagging my IP. so i dont know if this could be the cause or not. i usually completely shut down from the internet for about 1/2 to 1 hour then try again. this can be very frustrating
@suspenseful (40316)
I will have to talk to my son about changing my wi fi password and also the name on my wi fi. I inherited the password from my late husband who was notorious for making easy passwords. I make ones that are difficult, in fact so difficult that I have to write them down in a secured password manager. It did happen once again but then it correct itself. And I have been shutting down the internet when I go out for a while, mainly because I did order a couple of things over the net.
To me it sounds like an issue with mylot. I've experienced a similar message it was caused by the servers of mylot being busy and unable to respond to my request. It's fairly common when browsing the net to come across syntaerrors. Have you tried leaving it and trying to come back to it later? if it continues to happen contact mylot as they will likely resolve the issue if it is them.