In India parents maiming their children!?

@iDivision (1414)
Latvia
Yesterday parents of my wife returned back home from two weeks long travl to India. They told us about India a lot of nice things. But there was some disturbing information too. They had seen childrens and old people from people lower class of India who was with broken hips and legs. The most disturbing in this was the fact, that these horrors to them was made by their family members - parents! I could not believe it, but then they told us that even local people they talked to confirmed this! it was done to them because their parents wanted them to earn money on streets as beggars. They ask money from other people, travelers and they succeed because of other people compassion to them. Sad but true story i think.
@maximax8 (28875)
It is very sad that there is such poverty in India. I wonder if the parents did this horror to their children. I believe that this wouldn't be likely. The children might simply been disabled. Then the parents would have tried to earn extra money. If the parents did maim their children then that practice is sick I live in England. I have got a three year old disabled son. He has got a shunt in his head to help control his hydrocephalus. He has got scars on his tummy and back from the operation he had. He has got deformed feet and one leg longer than the other. He needs catheter care. He is unable to walk. He has got spina bifida. I hope to visit India one day. I am very keen on traveling.
@iDivision (1414)
• Latvia
hello! be strong and rise your kid as best you can in this situation. i have two childrens and i was realy disturbed when heard of this happening in India still in modern days. You know my wife parents told me that India is all - from bums to billionaires, from slum to Golden castles! just watch movie Slumdog millionaire ;)
aww my little brother has hydrocephalus. We live in the States and hes actually doin pretty good compared to others but of course theres some that is doing better then him :/ Its sad that alot of people doesnt know what hydrocephalus is until them or their loved ones are diagnosed with it. Good luck and i hope your little boy is doin well with his hydro.
@stylewaves (1063)
Yeah it was true , they just want the Survival of their at some cause !
@iDivision (1414)
• Latvia
Well then i am disappointed so much! It is so awful when there is millions of people who live like that in India right now. :(
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Pretty sick what desperate poverty will drive people to do. :(
@iDivision (1414)
• Latvia
yeah! they still have class society - four classes from very very poor people who are nothing there to billionaires. Just watch some crazy Indian Bollywood movie and you will understand how much they all try to move up in classes.