crackle crackle click

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
The phone system at work today is having problems. A big part of my job involves meetings. And since many of my co-workers are in different offices, the meetings are almost always on the phone. Today the phone system in the So Cal office went down for a while. When it came back up, all the calls were crackly sounding. I had my first two meetings canceled because it was so noisy, and I am now suffering through a third one that is slightly less crackly. I was really hoping this would would be canceled too, so I could go do the other part of my job, ie review documents. I have 5 that I have to look over and either send corrections on or send an approval. No luck so far, the call is continuing. So I'm listening with half my brain and myLotting with the other. Is anybody else multi-tasking on here?
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Yes, I am composing a letter in my head and trying to get through to a utility company to find out how much is owed on a bill for work. I have been on hold for 10 minutes but have to stay on the phone as I have not received an electricity bill. The owners would not be pleased to have the place plunged into darkness
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
You are so funny. No- if they were left in the dark then I would need to have a light bulb moment to solve the situation.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It would be your moment to shine. :D
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Yes, I could light a candle and dispel the darkness. Or lie through my back teeth and tell them that there is a power outage and then run for my life
Everyday and every second of my daily life. Half of my brain is myLotting the other with about 7 open tabs, setting up some independent computer networking for the rest of the week, I am also doing laundry and preparing the dinner for tonight. So a big part of me wants to climb in bed but then I would not been able to respond to you if I had. So onward my friend and get those documents proofed as so many other things will soon come your way.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Call over, time to proof documents. zzz
I am placing a call over thar right now as I think I can squeeze one more task today and I will be sure to request specifically for you as I know you like the whole mult-tasking thing.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Good luck with that!
@paula27661 (15899)
I am talking on the phone with a friend while MyLotting and eating lunch while keeping an eye on the clock so I can pick my daughter up from school. Multitasking has been the story of my life for as long as I can remember, the days are just not darn long enough!
@pupupd (1521)
really great multi-tasking. I have learned multi-tasking in my work, but that does not involve mylot as I am not so free to open mylot and discuss things When I am at home I do mylot and many other internet activities but not during my work, sorry
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nope they're not nearly long enough!
@cher913 (25890)
i thought you were talking about joints because that is what my knees sound like! the problems we have had at work with our phone is that it wasnt working. people were trying to call the office and we didnt know it.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Ours were only down briefly, but then it took hours to get rid of the darn static!
@ram_cv (16516)
At work I usually have to multi task. As a project manager at times I need to be with the team helping them out technically. Suddenly someone or other call from different locations and I would need to go and coordinate. Suddenly some Server or IT issue will arise and I will be talking to them. Around 70-80% of my day goes in coordinating with various people and that means you need to multi-task big time. Anyhow that is a part of the job, so can't complain!! Cheers! Ram
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oooh a project manager, so you're the one who didn't get my hours into Planview on time!!! lol
@ElicBxn (60894)
maybe if I had boring meetings, but I didn't... I did data entry when I worked full time, so mylot type activities didn't happen - heck, mylot didn't eve exist when I retired from that job!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
No data entry here....
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol I am always Multi Tasking when I am on here Talking to Gissi while I am here, stroking him while I am on here and well just paying him attention if I don't I am in trouble lol
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh well paying attention to Gissi goes without saying. :D