Do you have a nice way to recieve guests and be relaxed

Chile
Do you have a special dish that you can make beforehand and then relax and enjoy when your guest come? I love to make fondues when I have over 6 people but not much more. I can make everything beforehand and then just sit and talk afterwards. Do you make fodues in those occations? What dishes do you make? What is your favorite fondue is you if you make them? Cheese? Meat? Veggies? I usually mix the meat one with mushrooms so that vegetarian friends can be happy too. Tell us about a special dip you created! Don´t you think meals that can be set on the table before the guests come are wonderful? For those friends that find that some of this post is similar to another I made, I changed it somewhat from one that was deleted. The only reason I can imagine why that happened was that someone thought that if I asked what was your favorite fondue meant I was posting a poll. I´d die of hunger if I had to make posts for a living. I need a more complex backup all the time as what I´m interested in is in people. Take care!!!
@paula27661 (15899)
I recall your previous post about fondue and I responded to it. I mentioned that I love the cheese fondue and since I did that I’ve had it on my mind so much that I asked my family whether someone will buy me a fondue set for Christmas! It is a lovely dish to make with friends, I love fondue; chocolate, strawberries and marshmallows aren’t bad either!
Hi paula, I´m glad my deleted post served a purpose. I wonder sometimes who reporst posts. That report probably did not have a good title (I changed that here) but it was not just a poll. I hate polls, in fact. Do try the mat or mushroom one with dips when you get your present. Take care!
reports and meat. My fingers and my keyboard are equally old
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not really. I find myself doing too many things, and after the party is over, I realize that I hardly got to talk to anybody...
I used to do that, but now I get so tired that I just don´t have any fun that way. So I have learned to do almost everything beforehand and I have trained my friends to pile up the disheswith water so they don´t stick, and serve dessert and coffee. I make them enough nice things to eat so the don´t feel I abuse
@bunnybon7 (37917)
• Holiday, Florida
we usually try and make stuff to go into burritos or fahitas, etc. like tortillas layed out and meat peices in the covered skillet on low to keep warm, covered, and different fillings/veggies, etc. in containers on the counter. that way they can put together what they like in a tortilla and wrap it up. one of the few things i appreciate about what mexicans have contributed to our society.
That´s a nice way to entertain. It gives the guests the possibility of making the burritos or fajitas them best like and your work is done mostly beforehand so you can also enjoy the party.
@Sir_bobby88 (8244)
simply make them some coffee or tea yea . i am not good in cooking yea
I love to cook for my friends because I love to cook. But once I told one of my closest friends that noone came to your house to eat gourmet or sit in museum chairs. People come to see you. Tea or coffee is wonderful, if you do it caring.
@jak2010 (1550)
• Papua New Guinea
I do not have any special one, but I always take them to oiur nearest take away food bar, we call it BIg Rooster, an Australian company, they provide a very avenue and menu for friends to gather and talk. This, I do it after our conversation or meeting or whatever business we have to do. You see have different ways, to entertain your guest. I like what you do, only if I am good in cooking and I would entertain in guest definitely in my home.