What will happen if the Dems and Reps stay in power much longer?

@dark_joev (3043)
Okay well I personally don't like either party at least no fully. I like the Democrats because I agree that Homosexuals should be allowed to serve in the Military Openly as long as they follow the Rules of the Military Code so means no personal relationship just like they have the rules for the straight people in the arm services. I personally in the area of personal freedom the maximum amount of it is good. You should have the right to take what ever drug you want and be responsible for any illegal actions or actions that cause harm to someone other than yourself while under said influence. I do not agree with the Health Reform or requiring people to have insurance if you decide not to have insurance than be ready to have 100% liability in an accident and being forced by the legal system to pay it. Okay I agree with the Republicans on being fiscally conservative well not their form of fiscally conservative as well it means giving millions (Nevermind Millions I mean BILLIONS to big companies that are failing). I mean having a small federal government that sticks to the limited amount of power granted to it in the Constitution. But on to the title of this discussion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTeDAst3KA0 That is the glimpse of what will happen to this nation. One is the Republicans and the other is the Democrats and well we are the things on both of them and also the space in between.
I agree with Lagen. I don't like either party. Why? Because both want to tell you how to live your life. Just in different ways. I am in favor of people being free to live their life as they see fit. Make their own choices without being micromanged by uncle sam. I am for gays marrying. I am for gays serving openingly in the military. I am pro choice. Now ask me why I am not a democrat...well because I don't believe in a nanny state that tell you how to raise your kids, or what to eat, or what products and services you have to buy. I am for personal freedom...but also personal responsibility. I want people to make their own choices and take responsibility for them. I want people to be responsible for their own lives and not living off the rest of society. For better or worst it is your life...make of it what you can. I don't believe in most Federal social programs...that is what private charities are for. I am also strongly in favor fiscal responsibility. I believe in individualism and not the "collective". But then again that is why I am a libertarian and not a republican or a democrat.
@dark_joev (3043)
Yeah I went from Democrat to not member of a party to now being a libertarian as well they are the only party that seems to understand that the Constitution is the founding document and seem to know how this country should work.
@laglen (19782)
I am with you. I believe in personal freedoms. and one or the other is forever trying to take these away.