Have you ever came home to have to clean up your childs mess?

LOL,I am sure you have. We went to get paint today to paint all that spray paint off the walls. Well she wanted purple on the top half of the wall,and green on the bottom. A lite pretty green. So,I told her to empty the room and wait on me. But,no her friends came over and she wanted them to help her. I came home to find one laying sleep on the living room floor. The other standing in the center of the room. And my daughter painting the wall with a piant brush soaked in green paint. I was so mad. I took off my clothes and changed them. Told her to stop painting and I got the roller and repainted the walls. Now I am sitting here waiting for it to dry so I can retape the center and paint where the tape was not put on properly. Oh,She is out side enjoying her self while everything from her room is in my darn living room. LOL what we do for our kids.
I would have been so mad that I wouldn't have been able to stand myself if something like that would have happened in my house. When we bought our house we decided that we were going to paint my children's furniture and their bedrooms. Neither of them was really interested in helping me and that worked out quite well because it meant that there wasn't going to be messes of theirs that we would have to clean up. Kathryn's room looks excellent with the colors that we used, but Paul's room looks incomplete because we've not painted his furniture yet.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I used to pick up after my kids when they were little, however, now they are older. My youngest one is 12 and she picks up after herself. I would have told your daughter she is can go outside after all the painting was done. If you both were suppose to do the project together then she should have made it a point to finish the project with you. My kids try to start stuff with me and end up leaving right in the middle...when that happens it is waiting for them when they get back. I figure I have to teach them responsibility so when they make a commitment to do something, they have to finish it.
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
Can you say every day? LoL. No matter how old they get they leave cups, plates, towels, laundry...and it really annoys me. They say it does not bother them. and yes, when I am cleaning up they are outside playing with the dogs or watching tv. so not fair.
@Polly1 (12650)
I have my grown daughter staying with me. Her hubby left her, she got evicted, the whole nine yards. Here she is with some of her kids at my house. Her stuff is piled up all over my house. I have a path from the front door to my back door, it was only supposed to be a short time. Yeh right, its been since early summer. I love her and her kids dearly but its time to get busy and make it in the world on her own. Back to the first part of your question. I came home today to a mess in the kitchen. The recycling hadn't been taken out, the trash hadn't been taken out and on top of all that. there was dirty dishes piled up in the sink and they weren't even rinsed off. I was not happy when I saw all that. I just don't get it, there is no way I would do that to anyone.
Oh gosh yes it sounds funny after buy boy was mad as my child took his permanent markers and drew what he says a family mural of he, my daughter and I. Saying he did not having any pictures of us three in his room. I tried to clean it off at first to find it did not wash out well. So like you had to get some paint and a roller and redo his entire walls as not only did he create this family picture of us three but added several pets.
@carmelanirel (21108)
But why isn't she helping you? My son didn't help me with the painting itself, but he did help me with clean up and he was only 7 at the time. If she wants her room done, she should help you and not take off..Then the room will get done sooner and she can have her friend over..
@sender621 (14956)
It's not a pretty sight when you have to come home to a mess made by your child. It can make you discouraged and frustrated. Nothing can change your mood faster than this can.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, Oh yes. Having had 4 kids, there were times that I came home from work to all sorts of different messes. I have to say that a painting mess was not one of them. I would of been furious if any of them had taken it upon themselves to start painting walls in our apt. It is on our lease that we are not allowed to paint in the apartment. If we want paint done then it has to be approved by the landlord and done by our maintanence guys. You are lucky they didn't spill the paint or cause damage. Well good luck. You'll have to post a picture of the finished room.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Once yes I was actually there and I was trying to whitewash the walls of the House for want of a better word I was living in. Actually the colour was skyblue and it was freshly made up in a bucket with the roller ready to use. In the next second my Baby Son the first one he was about nine months old and he was in one of those baby walker things that they have support to stand in. We call them tacatas here. He had got hold of the paintbrush well the Roller I mean and started to paint the Wall. He had never seen us do this either of us and of course the Paint not only went on the Wall it went over him and he was just spitting and shaking his head so as to get rid of it. The Paint covered him right away I was amused and horrified and he started crying loudly when I took everything off him and cleaning his Face at the same time. Thing is even when they are older you think that you can turn your Back for a second and they are up to mischief again. Luckily it had only been a matter of seconds so no harm was done I just wonder where he had that idea from. He used to love putting salt in our Coffee he thought it was Sugar of course that was when he was a bit older so I had to hide the Salt away from him for his own good too.
@RONDOLAWE (776)
kids they always know is just playing with friends and if they has to do it some work to help they parent yes just a mess we got and after that we working alone by self and finish .. that is the kids and little anger for them but just for they understanding it to help parent