Have you had problems wearing contat lenses?

@mayrah (1037)
I have been a contact lens wearer for about two years or more. I have a high astigmatism which require corrective lenses to improve my vision. Before, it was a hassle for me to wear my contact lens every morning and and take it off every night. But now I was used to it. I can wear it now in as quick as few seconds to one minute. But of course I take time to clean it before and after using to maintain good condition and to prevent my eyes from possible infection. Wearing eyeglass is easier that's why I used it when I'm inside the house. But if I'm going outdoor I prefer to wear contact lens because eyeglass make me looks older and uglier. How about yu? what is you experiences regarding wearing eyeglass or contact lens?
@louie847 (350)
I have also problems with my vision. I am nearsighted and because of that I wear eyeglasses. I did try using contact lenses for 6 months and it was difficult at first but later on i get used to it and i can easily put it on my eyes. But I should be careful always not to wear it on sleep and had to clean at times. But now, i switched back on wearing my glasses. because its much more convenient.
@mayrah (1037)
Yes I agree, when it come to the process of wearing and disinfecting contact lens, its much more inconvenient than eyeglasses. But for cosmetic reason I still prefer contact lens.
I had problems wearing contat lenses. I don't like putting stuff in my eye. It just irritates me. Even the sore eye liquid vaccine makes my skin crawl.
@mayrah (1037)
That was also my experience when I first use contact lens, I always have red eyes then and my contact lens was expired by not using it. Then I decide to buy again and now I was used to wearing it, never had major problems using it.
I have near sightedness and I do wear glasses. Looking ugly? Well, that is your opinion. My vision is much better with glasses but my problem is that my glasses has the coating that darkens when in contact with UV rays so it darkens when I'm outside so in many cases I can't see very well in a cloudy day.
@mayrah (1037)
Its so sad that we have this eye problem that need correction, like me I feel its hassle to wear corrective lenses or eyeglasses, that's why I want to consider undergoing lasik
@natliegleb (5186)
ya i agree with you,i also feel the same way,i am gonna get a contact lens now,i think of wearing contact lens outside since it makes me feel young and inside my house i wear spectacles,but which one do you feel is better contact lens or glasses.i am gonna get lenses,is it so much pain and irritation or should i stick with spectacles
@padu19 (1441)
I have always been afraid of wearing contact lens.I have heard about contact lens usage leading to some infections. I knew, it would happen only if we don't follow proper usage guidelines. Still, I would never take a chance, when it comes to my eyes! I have recently started using my new pair of spectacles and would always prefer to stay away from contact lens!