Did you ever ask a ebay seller to lower the price on something?

I looked all over for this down coat wanted. I found it on ebay and it is new. Yea! I asked the seller if he could lowere the cost for me. He lowered it by 15.00 I am so happy about this. I also bid on a wool coat that was .99 and the shipping was 14.00 I won this coat as well. So,now I have two coats to wear this cold winter. If your ever in a jam it won't hurt to ask the seller if they can lower the price. Take care.
@lilcee (2704)
I bought a diecast car once on Ebay for my husband for a gift. When I got it, the top of it was messed up like it had gotten wet or something. Not a big deal but it was supposed to be new. I emailed the person and told him about it and he was nice enough to deduct the shipping from my payment. Sometimes you have to be careful who you buy from on Ebay but this person was nice.
@saqi78 (1405)
Yeah, this thing matters a lot that from whom you are going to buy, you are lucky that you got this We should see the ranking of that person from whom we are going to buy Have a nice day...:)
I bought a bag and the bag was funky and filthy she returned all of my money to me. I gave her pos feedback and let it be.
I have never asked the seller to lower the price before because what I generally buy are textbooks and there are lots of bidders (during school season) and I just have to deal with the price and sometimes I have to "buy it now". I am glad you got your coats! I noticed your post yesterday how you said you couldn't find any yourself but only your daughter- now you have 2 for the winter! :)
That was so great to find. I should hav elooked on ebay first it would have saved me some trouble.
@saizo6 (2211)
That's really interesting, I've never thought of doing that before. Usually if the price for an item is more then I'm willing to pay I skip over it and try to find another one. It's something to take into consideration when I next shop on ebay and see something I really want. I think it's smart of a seller to do this because it shows that they are listening to their potential buyers and it's a good way to keep the buyer coming back. Really smart move.
I honestly never have purchased anything through ebay to date. But after reading your post I will be looking soon. I will also keep in mind abut the negotiating you mention as hey I want a bargain too.
@saqi78 (1405)
It is not cold over here yet, I ll buy it because in season there ll be more varities available, this is a good idea, I never did this before, I think I should try this while buying on ebay...:)
I will do this with all the sellers on ebay offering a buy it now price.
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
No, I never did that, but mostly because I did not think about it. It is a great idea, I might do that at some point in the future!
You will be surprised at what you may save.
I tried this on the bail out bill when i was brought in. Didn't work.
LOL You get points for trying..
@misheli (554)
Yes I do that too. I always do haggling every time there is stuff that I'd like to buy and I can't afford the price. I think it's okay to haggle sometimes.
I can't wit to get my cout in the mail.
@Kirinx (1693)
Well I never had the courage to do something like that but hearing you talk about makes me want to try it.Even tho there is nothing i want right now that is that expensive
If it was a buy it now auction, there would be no reason at all that I wouldn't offer the seller a little bit less than what they had the auction listed for. There are a lot of times that they have the option there for or best offer. Besides, if you don't take the time to ask, then you would never know what the answer would have been. That said, I think that you were able to get a great deal to get both coats for the asking price of one of them.
just goes to show it never hurts to ask! i sometimes do and it has mixed results. as long as you are polite there is no harm in trying :)
When I shop in ebay i usually negotiate for the price and whether they can end the auction early. There are sellers who are open to a discount or ending the auctions early too. However, there are those who would post that the price is fixed. Never hesitate to negotiate when buying something.
@madteaparty (2761)
• Japan
I'm against doing that. If the seller has stated a starting bid price in ebay is because that's the minimum he or she's expecting to get, but when being asked for the price to be lowered down that person might feel forced to do it in some way, and then I feel bad for that seller. It's cool that you got a cheap coat, but I don't approve of that method.
I remember you said you needed a coat so I am very happy you were able to buy two of them for less then you were expecting to pay for one originally :) I dont ask ebay sellers to take less. The only time I would offer a lesser amount is it they had that option placed up there showing that they were willing to negotiate. I get people who ask me to take less and I get annoyed. I'm never rude I just say no.