Parents seriously annoy me!

I'm 20 yrs old I've put myself through school, college and currently University studying Computer Science. My parents are making a fuss about me going to cinema on a saturday as they thought I was going to be studying. They are angry at the fact that I am wasting my time socialising with friends and think I do not study enough. I am up to date with all my work and I attend my lectures on time. They do not seem to understand that I need time off, they think I need to study 24/7 non-stop. I'm also asian and asian parents are the most strictest and over-protective. Please help me, how can I gain some independence and trust from my over-worrying parents?
@imphavok (320)
I am a parent of a 18 year old and I know that its very important for him to do well in school, but it is equally important that he has some fun! I would assume you have already tried talking to your parents about the problem? Perhaps its time to consider moving out on your own. Obviously your parents won't like it one bit, but you are 20 years old. Perhaps get a place with a buddy to help cut costs? I'm sorry, I wish I could offer better advice. Good luck
@fglaze (12)
we're both in the same case, I'm 17 years old, also asian, studying college as well. well, I think you should first earn trust from your parents, and show them how you do well in school, like showing that you have high grades. and tell them that you are serious at studying.
@wongchoiyee (7217)
If you unable to talk to them, why don't you write? It would be easier than face to face. Try it. Can help though. HAVE A NICE DAY! and SMILE ALWAYS:)
@SimpleBB (1332)
Well probably your parent just doesn't want you to be like those children who did not make value of their future. But I think, you have to set a discussion with them which you can tell them all your grievances, let them know that you need their trust not all their nagging, that you're doing your lessons the way they want you to and you're also that concern with your future, but you too also need an outlet for all stressful lessons and activities. Open discussion will let both of you know what you both need to know. Hope they will understand you.
@la_chique (1499)
I had this problem with my parents. I moved out when I was 19. They dont enjoy a close relationship with me and that is their fault. Its not easy, but it really was the best thing for me to have done. I still got a degree and showed them I could do it. Also, one more thing to add, when I was living at their house, I had severe insomnia, and bad nightmares when I did sleep. Now I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I rarely dream of anything bad at all.
@callarse1 (4793)
I think your grades and actions speak for themselves. I would show them where you're going to class, you're getting good grades, etc, but you just need a break from it all. Do you live away or with them? Studying all the time isn't good and can cause burn-out. Unfortunately having authoritarian parents doesn't help the situation, but you will have to talk with them. You are an adult so you have to choose what's best for you. According to you, they aren't paying your bills, so you will have to discuss all their nagging and come to some type of agreement.
If they won't listen to pure and simple logical talk, then the best way to get them to stop fussing is to prove your own independence. Make sure you show them your good grades. If you haven't moved out yet or are unable to, then make sure you're the one paying for all your expenses and doing all your own chores and cooking. Ask Mom and Dad for money less often or never.