looks like the next 2 years.

@dark_joev (3043)
Will be nothing changing government getting bigger and the federal going farther in debt so it should be fun to see no changes to our government for the next two years we just half hired back the GOP who got us here to begin with. As it seems at least when I started this the senate looks like the Dems are going to keep it and the House will go over to the Republicans. So the two headed monster will be in full force in Washington. Get ready for no changes and well as I said government getting bigger and well spending going up.
@bobmnu (8160)
The importance of the Republicans, who were sent to Washington to cut spending and cut the size of government, takiong control of the House is that all money bill must start in the House. It seems like Wisconsin Rep Paul Ryan will Chair the House Budget Committee. He is one of the new Consertives Leaders who is committed to cutting spending and reducing the size of the government.
@dark_joev (3043)
hopefully Ron Paul won't have to vote no on another budget. That might cause some people to have a heart attack in the House. As well they have heard him vote No a lot. To here him say yes to a budget might actually make the news.
@k15682 (301)
I couldn't agree more! It will be the he did/she did finger pointing now.
@dark_joev (3043)
yeah the only hope is that maybe we can get some social progressive with a good mix of Economic Conservatism. Or maybe they will attack each other to where very little harm is caused. We really need Libertarians like Ron Paul in our government as he is a good representation of what people really want.
@irisheyes (4373)
Amazing isn't it? I'd say we should take to the streets but with the infrastructure problems in my state right now, I'm not sure that too many people should be on these streets and I haven't a clue how our incoming governor is going to get the billion dollars it has been estimated is necessary to make it safe here in Pennsylvnia. Our new guy claims he can do it while cutting taxes but he hasn't given any hints as to how. He's not going to get it from his buddies in congress and the feds have already vetoed a highway toll increase. Guess we just sit back and wait for the wave of the magic wand.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Platitudes are over with only thing that matters now is policies. The Republican for the most part played a good game. They didn't get mixed up in the muck of policies they just stayed on course with the platitudes of lower taxes, less spending, and less debt. Problem is no one actually gave a plan on how to do that. I have run experiment here on mylot asking people, okay you want spending cut what do you want to cut. Those that will actually answer the question give me some cuts that total a couple of hundred million dollars. I wouldn't put it past the new Congress to do something like that cut a couple of hundred million dollars out of a 3.7 trillion dollar budget and claim we cut spending. Then when you get into the whole paying down the debt yet they want to cut taxes at the same time, question how?
@Taskr36 (13925)
Dude, government was going to get bigger and our debt was going to grow regardless of which big party won. The only way to reduce government and reduce our debt is to elect serious libertarians and constitutionalists that care about the country more than their own personal power. Sadly most people are still buying the crap the media feeds them about non R&D politicians being "too extreme" or "incapable of winning". As long as the majority keeps buying that load of crap it will continue to be true.
@morgandrake (2140)
Oh goody. Another two years of gridlock, and one party blaming the other for it. I do like your "half-hired" description. Too bad, the GOP is going to argue that it is a ringing endorsement of their plan to bankrupt us all.