Long day!

@ElicBxn (60894)
Got up early to go to the dentist. Then on to work. Called as I left the dentist office to tell her that I was on the way and to get ready to go. Get in and do a few things while she finishes up getting ready to go out. Take her to vote. Take her back home and fix her breakfast. Then I go dashing off to the store to get a new phone, because her old one died. Do her shopping, come back, and do some of the other things she needs done. Leave her place, and go vote myself. Then come home. I was supposed to have about 40 minutes to lay down, but I couldn't find enough room on my bed because of cats. Finally give up, but as I'm getting ready to take the roomie to the doctor, she yells that we've had an escape! First cat I find is Taj. He doesn't want to be picked up, tho I really think he wanted to be rescued. He let out a bloody murder yowl! Then I'm chasing Booboo all over the place. Into the next door neighbor's back yard, out, in again, out again, then under the bushes in her front yard until I finally catch his furry butt. By then she's canceled with the doc, so we run off to Lowes to get some wood, a saw, some paint and nails to make it so the cats can't push the screens out again! By the time we're done there its 5 and I need to shove some food down my throat so I can go work at the election receiving station... Just to let you know, I helped processes both the precinct that Maggie voted at and at my precinct (the former did a great job, the latter messed it up)! I get home about 10, I've been up since about 6, and now its 11... but I've taken my meds and done the roomie's drops. So, if you have missed me today, well, understand, that I've barely had time to look at my emails since I've only had a few minutes here and there on the computer. I hope to do better, but tomorrow is Wednesday, my worse... well, my busiest, day of the week. So, I'll see you guys around, I'll be looking in, but I can't promise that I'll be able to do much responding, depending on how tomorrow works out. Love you guys! What do you do when you are so busy you feel like you are going to meet yourself coming?
That's certainly a busy day. Usually when we are busy I end up stressed a bit and then of course I ask myself...why is it when weeks are boring and uneventful I think I miss running around doing this or that, only to find out that this or that ect is stressful & I'd much rather join the cats and take a nap ;0)
@ElicBxn (60894)
I told them as I left the place I was going home, throw all the cats off my bed and climb in, they can get back on when I'm in!
Yeah that sounds like a cat for ya! Tootsie has taken a liking to sleeping on my pillow lately though I switch covers or pillow cause occasionally I'm allergic to them & the allergy usually starts in my facial areas. If anything I look fwd to a warm spot on the bed, I hate getting into a cold bed. So I guess you should get off myLot and hit the hay! We'll all be here tomorrow to some degree or another.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I did, and I woke up later and was surrounded by cats. I wish I could've done more than 6 hours, but it was such a big production to roll over I ended up waking myself up. Besides, I went to bed cold, got over warm, kicked off the covers and then the cats made it so I couldn't cover up again! I foresee this being a problem this winter...
@paula27661 (15899)
I have days like that when I am on the go for the entire long day! In fact, come to think of it, I have a lot of days like that! MyLot comes into my mind at times like this along with the sad knowledge that today will not be the day I will get to it. I was like that on Monday, the whole day was crazy and I turned my computer on for the first time at nine pm only to physically doze off on my keyboard after opening just one email. I turned the thing off and went to bed with a heavy heart and the awareness that what I love doing was on the back burner yet again!
@ElicBxn (60894)
well, I'm bad, I leave mine on... but I know what you mean, I should be in bed, but here I sit Am getting a bit chilly, it was cold at the election substation tonight and what with the sprinkling...
@Lakota12 (42684)
DO a bee line to the most important thing to do
@ElicBxn (60894)
I just keep going until I'm finished... and I think I'm really finished today... hummm, maybe time for a pain pill before bed tonight!
@Lakota12 (42684)
that might work
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh gosh Elic, I've had a few days like that especially when I was working and I thought I'd never see the end of the day or my bed again. I hate those kinds of days! I know when I hit the bed, I slept like a baby! So much so that even my ears shut down so if something were to happen, I wouldn't be easy to wake up. That's not a good thing. My brother told me one time that he envied me because of my hearing problem because I can sleep so soundly with all the noise that went on all the while, he can hear a pin drop in a quiet room. I guess my 'handicapped' has it's pluses along with it's minus'.
@ElicBxn (60894)
My friend Elaine had lost most of her hearing in one ear and she slept with the bad ear up, so she needed a loud alarm in the morning to get up. I, on the other hand, am a "mosquito sneeze" according to Maggiepie, all I needed was a mosquito sneeze in the room and it'd wake me up.
@gabs8513 (48715)
wow Elic you certainly had a long Day that Day I remember when I used to have them to and I never used to mind them lol I only used to be tired by the Weekend, working all Week all hours, 2 children to sort out and see to, A House to see to but I loved it Hope you got a good Night rest after that Day
@ElicBxn (60894)
I ended up taking some pain meds on Weds night to get a good night sleep
@cerebellum (3871)
Whew! You had a busy day. I was getting tired just thinking of all the things you did. I have very low energy and I do a couple of things then have to go take a nap. Get up for a few more hours then have to lay down again. I could never do all the stuff you had to do in one day. Hope you get time to relax soon.
@ElicBxn (60894)
No, this is my busy day. I went to work, went to mom's, went back to work and then came home and dumped all the cat litter and trash (tho the roomie did do a bit of it.) I was already hurting when I got out of bed this morning, needless to say, I'm hurting worse this evening. My back, my neck, my chest, my knees and my feet, and that's not counting the momentary acute pains I had off and on with my ankles today!
Hi Elic, I don't know how you do it, you are always sow busy, but I have got this picture in my head of you in the bushes in your neigbours back yard with the cat butt in your hands, lol! hope all the cats are indoors. Tamara
@ElicBxn (60894)
My neighbor's back yard is a JUNGLE! I actually caught him in her front bushes! I'd have to flush him out of the back yard, tho... he was over there annoying the birds! Yes, all the cats are now accounted for!
@bunnybon7 (37638)
• Holiday, Florida
oh now thats cute. meet yourself coming. i usually panic, take some puffs from my inhaler and remind myself its not as important as breathing. i say to myself slow down and it will get done. and now im glad you've made time for us here in your busy schedule. see what a good friend you are
@ElicBxn (60894)
I think I must'a picked up the term in some book, where time travelers are warned to not meet themselves coming or going... but I always feel like that when I'm really busy, that I might meet myself going in the out door...
@jerzgirl (8037)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Holy moly, woman! I'd be in bed the entire next day if I had a day like that. I might not make it up the day after that either!!! Good heavens!!! To be honest, I do what I can to avoid days even remotely like that. I don't handle them well at all. That's too much stress in one short amount of time for me. I keep it as minimal as I can.
@ElicBxn (60894)
Well, I did know it was going to be busy, so did Maggie so she didn't push me to do a LOT of other things besides the basics... and honestly, the shopping wasn't too bad, even tho I didn't find an electric cart to do it with. If I went today, well, I'd really need it! Oh yeah... got to pick up meds on the way back to Maggie's from mom's...
@cyrus123 (6383)
It sounds like you've had quite a day! Bless your heart! You said tomorrow is your busiest day of the week. I hope it won't be anything like today was, though! We will understand why you're not here. Just try to get some rest sometime. We all love you, too!
@ElicBxn (60894)
well, today probably beat it, but Weds is always bad... its trash day