Are you just alive or are you living?

To some people this question seems impossible. They may seem one in the same. But some of us just go about our daily life working our boring job, eating our boring dinner, watching our boring tv, and we are just alive. Others embrace life and find so much more beauty. The discover joy and light in places we never knew it existed. These people are living, living life to the fullest, living with no regrets and living to love life. What about you? Are you just alive or are you living? And if you feel you are living what makes it so? What makes you feel you are living life to the fullest? Or if you are just alive, what do you need to do to start living?
@goldeneagle (6775)
I am merely alive. I gave up on actually living a long time ago. For the last few years, it has been all I can do just to survive from day-to-day. I don't really foresee things getting any better any time soon, so I am just going to have to keep doing the best I can to get by...
Sometimes that is all we can do. But it will pass, everything does. Some obviously faster than others. I hope the best for you goldeneagle. Seek out joy in your life, do what makes you happy. What could make you happy right now? what could make you feel like you are living life?
I have often felt like I am just simply living as I have been struggling for a great many years. However this year being the roughest of them all I realize we must live before and living can actually occur. We must accept what we cannot control and well that leads to clearer thinking. I am one who always lived to work as this is the direction my life consisted of. When all the while I need to needed to work so I could live. But it takes some really hardships in our lives to finally realize the true blessing we have by our side.
Sometimes we have to know the total darkness to feel the bright. If struggling didn't exist we would never have the relief and wonderful experience of things getting better. I think we all play a balancing act in life, while it tries to balance all of us.
My life is not that fun, gotta tell you. At this place in time, I am just living. I mainly just work and try to pay off bills, and it's a day by day kind of struggle. I don't mind though. I kind of enjoy it.. lol.