Thanksgiving is coming up, what is/are your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Thanksgiving is one of the many holidays I enjoy celebrating. It is a holiday where all of my family members get together and we eat a huge feast and get fatter . My favorite food during Thanksgiving is the yummy turkey my mother prepares, glazed ham my aunt prepares, mashed potatoes with brown gravy my aunt prepares and other delicious dishes. I also love the pumpkin pie with whipped cream and strawberry cheesecake, my sister prepares. How about you, what is/are your favorite foods during Thanksgiving?
I love it all!!! Yummy I can not wait!! I love mostly the stuffing or dressing on the side and the green bean cassarole is one of my other favorites!! O and I love the warm rolls fresh from the oven with lots of butter! Pumpkin Pie is very good too now you made me want some L.O.L.
I can't wait either, lol & thanks for sharing! Happy early Thanksgivign :)
Your'e welcome and Happy early Thanksgiving to you too!!
there are lots of things I associate with Thanksgiving. It's the typical stuff like turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. But when I was growing up we didn't ever get to buy cool stuff like pickles and olives except at holidays. There were just too many of us kids and we couldn't splurge on such extras. So those became our "special holiday" foods. Now they always have me bring pickles and olives to family meals! That's what makes it a holiday! lol!
Thanks for sharing! I don't really really tried eating pickles and olives with Thanksgiving meals but from your point of view, I guess it is a Thanksgiving holiday with them!
Yeah, sometimes when we have other family get togethers if there are pickles and olives I always say it's "Christmas!" It's kind of a family joke any more!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I love good dressing made w/corn bread & biscuits. i always have sweet potatoes & all the trimmings. My favorite dessert is chocolate pie.
Thanks for sharing :) Sounds delicious!
@susanana (126)
I have experienced celebrating thanksgiving In the US only twice. Since here in my country we dont really have thanksgiving as a holiday but from my experience I really like eating turkey, apple sauce or cranberry sauce and apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream. I especially love leftover turkey for turkey sandwhiches the next day. Or turkey salad. Yummy! I also remember eating caramel coated apples on a thanksgiving afternoon. I hope I could celebrate thanksgiving again in the future. I also like the thanksgiving colors like the shades of autumn and the hues of the pumpkins. Now i'm beginning to be nostalgic.
Thanks for sharing your experience even though you only celebrated Thanksgiving twice :) Hopefully you will experience it again sometime. Were you visiting a family for thanksgiving?
@gdesjardin (1938)
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love fall and all the things that go with fall as well. All the colors, the smell of leaves burning, and of course Thanksgiving Dinner. My parents and our family are the only ones that live within 500 miles of us, so for the past 13 years I have been cooking dinner for all of us. I always try to make a new dish each year. I stuff my turkey with apples and oranges and it makes the bird so moist. I also make cornbread stuffing along with green beans, mashed potatoes, sometimes I also make ham as well along with sweet potato casserole. This year I think I am going to try a cranberry dressing. We have never had cranberry dressing, and I think I will give it a try. We usually have so much leftovers, but at least I know my elderly parents won't have to cook for about a good week afterwards so it is okay. Last year I even made a pumpkin pie which was terrific. I don't think I will ever buy a store bought pumpkin pie ever again.
Thanks for sharing with me your Thanksgiving experience. It sounds delicious and a lot of work to cool Thanksgiving. Anything homemade beats store bought goods :) Happy early Thanksgiving, I hope everything turns out great! I love Fall too! Also winter because of Christmas!
@amybrezik (2123)
I love corn flake and pecan topped sweet potatoes! The brown sugar and the pecans compliment each other so well. Sometimes I could eat it as dessert. i finally got the recipe from my aunt and now i make it every year.
I never heard of that before, sounds delicious from your description Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
@anthonydt (146)
Hey babe! In my family, we do not celebrate Thanksgiving the American tradition but the Vietnamese tradition. We usually have fried rice, egg rolls, spring rolls, noodles, all sorts of Vietnamese food for Thanksgiving. We substitute the turkey for chikcen because we do not like turkey as much. I also enjoy eating desserts that YOU prepare for my family.
Hello babe! Thanks for sharing, I know your family is more into the Asian Tradition then American tradition but that is fine, it is delicious and I don't know what dessert to make this year but hopefully something good.
@Ichiru101 (286)
We do not really celebrate it. Unless you count frozen pizza as a celebration.