Under Age Drinking at 21?

@wolfie34 (26793)
United Kingdom
Because of all the teenage binge drinking. Do you think the age should be put up to 21. So no one under 21 can purchase or drink alcohol?
• Janesville, Wisconsin
I think the age of legally drinking should be the same age as being a legally adult. So if the Adult age is 21 then yes I think 21 if the adult age is 18 then 18, if the adult age is younger then younger. I do not believe the Age limit will make a difference in teenage binge drinking if a teen can get ahold of it no matter what age they will do with it as they want to... I think Just like their is drivers licences. There should be a drinking licence, they go to classes they learn how to drink responsibly, if they are being irresponsible licence taken away or revoked, and they are not allowed to drink. I think to stop binge drinking to help that if they did the licence thing, all bars and salemens would be ordered to cut a person off after a certain amount of drinks to keep it safe. - DNatureofDTrain
@wolfie34 (26793)
Thank you for finding this old discussion of mine, I had no response to it, so I really appreciate your response. Thanks also for your view point.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
You're Welcome, It is a good topic. So I replied, and I am glad to see it helped you. Thanks again for enjoying my responces :) - DNatureofDTrain
@cblackink (969)
In the US, the legal age is 21. However, that won't stop children from drinking if they want to. A disturbing thing in this country is that alchohol can be purchased over the internet (as long as you have access to a credit/debit card) and will be delivered to your home. Teenagers are doing this. I think that binge drinking is a symptom of a much larger problem, like feelings of alienation, depression, peer pressure, etc... and the problem is many parents just don't seem to recognize it until it gets out of control.
@emisle (3824)
In Ireland it wouldn't really make a difference as where there's a will there's a will. Binge drinking is such a problem here as we've such a pub culture.