What is your philosophy towards work?

Israel
I feel that you have to take work whenever. If you have an opportunity to make money, and you like the type of job, then you should do it. Each person is completely replaceable. This was drummed into me when I was working at JCPenney as a 1st level manager. If I didn't do my job, then I would get fired. There is no such thing anymore as real job security. Companies do not keep people just because they like the worker. If the worker is not performing up to standard, then they will find someone else who will. So it is best to do your best at work, and to put forth your best effort at your job.
@cher913 (25890)
i try to be helpful in any where i can be and i think that is why i am liked at work.
It's kinda sad when you mentioned that workers are treated like commodites. However it is a reality in an ever-changing market and industry.
It's very lucky to find a loved job. But things always goes to the different way. What will you do if you are doing a job that you do not like? Will you pay all your passion in the job? Or just do as little as you can? It's a hard decision to make.
@vangie26 (449)
That's the way it should be because employees are being paid for to work. And as employee, we should treat the company as our own for us to have the concern like the owner. In that way, you will love your work and it will never be a burden to you.
@billzehua (573)
Hi, Rachael, I would rather take a job as a package of elements, the people you work with, the money you are earning, the systems they are motivating you, etc. I don't feel blessed or satisfied that I have a job at hand, guess the economy here is not that rough now.But once I do like the feature of the work,I could even devote my off-work hours to perfect my expertise on that area. I don't approve of job security thing,which is popularly existed in many Chinese state-owned companies, especially in goverment departments, for the fact that it's not encourage fairness and passion to pregress. Once I watched an Opera Show,theme-waiting for superman, there was a special guest named Rhee, the most controvercial principle in the American history for her aggressive approch to reform the public education.Her reform triggued a backlash from unions after hundreds of teachers being fired, dozens of schools being closed,and numberous principles being replaced. The hardcore of her proposition is to trade with teachers' tenure for a merit-system salary package that nearly double what they currently are earning, but one premise, they have to give up their job security. I think this is a great example to push forth the whole country, and the same as a company.
@chuyins123 (2118)
I could certainly agree with you mate, we can't be totally secured in our job. I have once been in a company where I worked hard when I started, and when my boss actually saw that I am a good asset, I became too lax and complacent to the point that I did not perform well anymore, I thought to myself, well, they can't fire me, because no one can do what I did. But one day, my body compelled me to stay home while a deadline is up that day. So the job is still to be nailed down with or without me. Someone did what I am supposed to do. And he did it well, just as I would have done it. With that incident I told my self, I should work hard, and make it up to the company, after all, my job is my bread and butter. With the incident I realized that we are always replaceable. And the company continues to live on with or without us. We can't be too complacent that the company wouldn't survive without us, because they actually can. So if we want to keep our job, let's work for it's betterment and our employer's satisfaction. It's the main source of our living. :D An I have always believed that we shall always reap the fruits of what we've sown.