leave me alone....Grrrrr

@missybear (11396)
My co- workers drive me crazy at times. I work in the housekeeping department but they think I'm a Plumper, Electrician, Landscaper and all around Handyman. It clearly says ENVIRONMENTAL AID on my badge which is a fancy word for maid. So don't ask me to fix the chair and tell me the flowers need water, or the heats not working. They to lazy to go on the computer to put in a maintenance order or simply pick up the phone and call the right person in charge. Do your co-workers take advantage of your kindness at times?
@JenInTN (27565)
They would if they could. My bosses in the past where I work have tried to take advantage before. Not of my kindness as much as my experience. In the past they would try to delegate their own job duties onto me and there was a time when I just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. I have learned alot since then..lol..I do appreciate the experience though...it helped me in the longrun. Maybe you should put in for a maintenance job and that way you coulf get paid for doing all the things they want you to do.
@missybear (11396)
I am actually part of maintenance, Housekeeping and Maintainable have the same boss but they also have 2 guys who supposed to come once a week to take care of things. In the meantime if something is wrong they think I should be able to fix it...sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, depends on how nice they ask and if I really have the knothole to do so