Why is it no one is helping me with this?

sorry If this is too long but I need some help here. I bought a coffee table from a catalog and they mailed me a return slip. I packed the box with my last bit of tape then I realized there was two papers instead of one. One was the return label to put on the box and behind it was a slip to stick in the box to get my account credited. $99.99 I did not have enought tape so I opened up one flap and slid the notice inside of the box. Then the day it shipped I realized if the box wa opened the other end. there would be no way to prove I sent the table back. So I called the company to tell them what I just told you. They said they would note my account. Then later the friend who shipped it brought me the tracking number. So I called them back to give them the tracking number and they said they would update my account. Now I call and no account update was made. I tracked the table and they got it 8 am this morning. So I just called back and spoke with someone else. Mind you no harm intended I am getting tire of speaking to people who can't understand what I am saying. So now the man tells me to call back in a day or two and maybe someone else can help me. What do i do now?? They have their table i wamnt credit to my account..
The above members have done a nice job explaining the return process, however I wanted to also advice you that you keep calling them. As most people who take and handles online orders are not stationed all in one place, so there is no telling what one person noted on your account or note. So because the high price of the table I have to say you keep on calling daily as soon as you they received the table. As long as you have the tracking number they will be able to locate it. Good luck.
I agree with hardworkinggurl...call everyday. You know what they say...the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Keep bugging them. You have a tracking number which says it arrived their at 800 a.m. If it is lost, it is lost in their warehouse and the burden is on them. Keep a log of each person you talk to and if need be, talk to a supervisor!
These kind of problems are why I don't care to order online or via catalog and then have to ship the item back if it doesn't fit or defective. I hope they can explain to you how long it takes them to process a returned item besides the fact the tracking # said it was there. GL I hope you get your credit soon.
I absolutely hate it when you have to deal with customer service with any company. It always seems like the people that you are speaking to have no clue at all whatsoever as to how to deal with the customer. Most of the time when I encounter a situation like this, I will end up requesting to speak to a supervisor because it seems that the supervisors are better equipped to deal with the questions that you have.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi gifts, Well, if you have a tracking number then you are good to go. It takes time because they have their own procedures to go through before it is credited to your account. The tracking number proves that it was sent and that they recieved it so it will go through and get cedited to your account. save your tracking number until your account is actually cedited but I don't see a problem here. It looks as if everything is moving along as it should.
@spalladino (17926)
As the first responder has already indicated, sometimes it takes a day or two for a return to be processed and credited to your account. You have the proof that you returned the table and that the company received it so don't get stressed out. Give them time to update their system.