Do you think it is okay for couples to kiss in public?

I don't see a problem if a couple kisses in public like if they're saying bye or hi - it doesn't bother me or if you're in your own corner, area but if you're in front of a bunch of people and you're making out? It is something I couldn't do even if I wanted to. I was at the casino with my boyfriend, we were just playing for fun because we got free buffet coupons and we went to play Blackjack. My boyfriend and I sat next to each other and a couple comes in and plays as well and they just sit at the table making out (there were other people including the dealers at the table). It was just a distraction, they were just literally making out. What are your views about couples kissing in public? I'm fine with it to a certain extent, how about you?
@vicereine (458)
I am with you I think it is good to just give a peck or yes give each other a kiss but don't go playing tonsil hockey in front of a whole crowd. I think it does make people uncomfortable to see something like that and I personally couldn't really kiss like that in public just a peck or a quick kiss nothing over dramatic though. That in my opinion should be left for a more private setting or as you said in their own little corner with no one to distract.
Thank you for sharing and I agree. I'm fine with kisses here and there not anything crazy and if they want to kiss more in details then get a room, stay at home or somewhere that won't be a distraction toward other people.
You're welcome, it's not a problem. I used to think that I was the only one who thought this way but it is so cool to see that others feel the same way too. I mean PDA is cool to a point but not to the point where you might as well be lying in bed if you know what I mean.
Yeah, you're not thee only one. My boyfriend felt the same way too and assuming others too because they agreed with this comment (well some people)
@ally12 (1204)
I dont see any wrong with kissing in public as long as it is done artistically. Kidding aside, my husband and I are kissing in public too specially when we have'nt seen each other for several months.Like when I fetch him in the airport, he would kiss my forehead then my lips. I wont mind too seeing other people kissing in front of me as long as its not scandalous like tongue to tongue. : )
That type of kissing is fine just not scandalous kissing :)
I've seen in the movies people in the background kissing so torridly and other people just ignoring them..does that happen in real life?That was scandalous for me...a smack is fine but that was just so disturbing in public. Most of us might be conservative, but I'd like to know if the kissing done in movies do happen in real life and whether it depends on the country we're at.
I live in the United States so kissing like movies so happen but mostly teenagers or young adults do it not the older people. But it depends on the person, not always you see couples kissing madly but sometimes.
I see where you are coming from on this one. I agree that a kiss to say hi or a kiss to say goodbye to someone yes is fine, it is just a quick simple kiss, i am sure that we all do this really. But after that there are the people who just stand in the middle of the streets kissing passionately for a while and this can be slightly off putting, you can show romance by holding hands, linking arms, smiling at each-other etc, but a full on passionate kiss in the street when many people around and trying to get past just isn't needed, surely that can wait until later when they get home. I don't mind showing basic affection in front of people but that is just going way over the top, well as far as im concerned it is.
Thanks for sharing and I agree, basic affection is fine but if it goes over the top then it's just annoying and rude!
i agree, more than basic affection is just rude and it is not needed. Things like that should be done behind closed doors where do don't show everybody else what you are doing, there are right places and there are wrong places, doing this in public is certainly the wrong place.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I agree with you, a kiss for hi or bye...or a quick kiss that means I love you....but literally making out is not appropriate. You could have said: excuse me!!!!!! I feel it is just plain rude and unacceptable to be making out in public. Get a room!
Yup, everyone was like ahem... and yet they seem to not care. My boyfriend was like some people don't have a manners and it seemed like they just made out more when people made comments.. I see it as rude too especially in front of adults OR kids.
@gdesjardin (1938)
Kissing in public is fine with me as long as it stays "G" rated. My husband and I kiss in public when he is leaving for work, or I meet him after work. I can't stand when I go to a mall and teenagers are making out right in front of everyone. Do they not realize that kids are in the mall as well.
Yes, "G" rated is fine but yeah, I'm somewhat young (20) myself however I do not kiss like that in public. I think it is disgusting and causes a distraction especially if kids are around!
@ellyza (29)
A smack or a kiss in public place is ok specially if your are husband and wife who have obligation for that day and need to go on your different ways. But doing It to the extent that you catch the attention of other people is not appropriate. Why do It to the public when fact you have all the time to do inside your room. Are you sure they are couple? (A husband and Wife) hehehe I'm thinking something else.
Lol, no they're not husband and wife- they're boyfriend and girlfriend! They were young couples just making out for few minutes each, it was such a distraction, everyone around was disgusting. I agree regular kissing here and there say hi, good bye or just a kiss is fine but theres an extent!
They probably do it just to get a rise out of people. I would tell them to get a room! I'm okay with PDA (Public Display of Affection) if its within bounds. I live near the beach in Hawaii and this couple today were on top of each other in the water on their raft. Honeymooners or not, everybody was looking at them, it was strange because they thought it was perfectly normal to be all handsy with hundreds of onlookers.
I agree and that is totally strange, honeymoon or not, I agree- I can't even do that. I don't feel comfortable too.
@vangie26 (449)
I think it depends also in the culture or society of a certain country. There are liberated countries where dong such is not a problem or people around just ignore it. in the country like mine, others can ignore it but to those who were brought up in a province, it's not. Definitely, s big deal. So it depends on how people take it in a place. But definitely, if it was just a kiss to say good bye or hello, no problem.
Yes, it depends- I live in a country where you can kiss in public and what not but I think there should be sense in people to have respect on how they kiss especially if there are children or something.
Kissing in public is completely fine, because love can happen anywhere. After all, humans should respect each other, and kissing in public shows something that is positive. Countless hatred on humans is made known to the public each day through news portals, and many times people may not find one good news article where people respect each other. Such an act of kissing bonds together people, and makes it more possible for others to love in that same way. Making out and kissing shouldn't be disturbing, and I guess you need to see more people doing it. They are their own selves, and you don't have to compare yourself to them. There isn't any other way to express love so easily, and people should use this option more often.
I don't really agree, it would be a huge distraction if everyone in the world is kissing and making out everywhere. That is pretty disturbing to see- people have rights but they need to have respect as well. It depends where they're at, if they're at a club,go ahead. Anywhere suitable but if there are kids, families infront of them then that is not respectful. It's like would you make out in front of your parents? That's how it is if you're going out and make out infront of other people. IF you can't do kiss/make out infront of your parents then why go make out infront of other people.
@sjaswon (639)
• Jamaica
It is not wrong kissing in public. a couple feel like wanting kissing because they are loving.
Thanks for sharing but I don't think it's wrong just to an extent.
@lingli_78 (12841)
i think it really depends on the culture and the country you live in... here in australia, it is alright... for me, it is alright as well as long as we don't do it excessively... a simple peck on the forehead or cheek is fine... that's what i do with my hubby in public every now and then... take care and have a nice day...
Thanks for sharing. My country its whatever, depends on the person - some kiss like crazy, some don't.
@Renhard (3479)
• Jamaica
You describe it perfectly. I am alright with it to a certain extent. If its in public then you should go to a corner or such but dont try to do it infront of everyone. That is the way it should be done.
Yup, if only everyone thought like us. Thanks for sharing :)
@Diddaka (90)
For me that`s not a problem.I didn`t see nothing wrong with that.And the most immportant thing is I don`t care about the others that not like it.We live in a free country.I don`t mess in the others stuffs and they would not have to do this mines.That`s what I think for this disscusion.
Thanks for your opinion however yes, we live in a free country however there are some stuff that is considered rude.
@angelic123 (1112)
I am not that conservative but seeing people kissing like making put in public makes me feel ashamed for them. I think it is a very intimate matter to display in public. I think kiss is ok in public if it is like a peck to say hi or goodbye, but torrid kissing? I don't agree with that, when I came here in US I was really shocked to see couple kissing torridly in public. I am not used to that.
I see, thank you for sharing. I believe kissing is fine just not making out.
@daliaj (5686)
I am an Indian. Public kissing is not practiced in India. I feel it is disgusting to kiss in public. I hate to do it and I don't prefer to see it. I think kissing in public depends of your culture. If your culture supports it and allows it, it should not be an issue. I don't think I can ever do that. I also don't support that activity.
Thank you for sharing. I understand some cultures - kissing is forbidden in public along with other stuff. In my culture, nationality, I think kissing is allowed just not over the top but I would never kiss infront of my parents Or anything BUT in the world I live in, kissing is fine.
@bheauty (46)
It doesn't an issue at all. For me, kissing publicly is just a matter socializing or something but, wait don't make it torrid.
Thanks for sharing & I agree, kissing is okay just not more than kissing.
I agree with your views, infatuatedbby. Kissing in public is fine as long as it's just a peck on the cheek or a greeting smack kiss on the lips but more than that, it's not acceptable especially here in our country where it's quite conservative or PDA (public display of affection) is being deemed as unacceptable. :-)
Here in the United States, it is open but just in my opinion I think kissing in public is fine but major kissing is disgusting!
I don't find that is problem as long they don't effect other people kiss is showing love to each other so i don't find it as problem
Yup, I agree and thank you for sharing taz_dolly :) Welcome to myLot by the way!
@sender621 (14956)
I see nothing wrong with couples kissing in public. Displays of such affection are very romantic. It shows that love isnt afraid of being expressed.
Yes, I see nothing wrong as well but it is just to a certain extent.
Kissing is fine...making out is another issue. I am fine with kissing, holding hands but sometimes it goes too far.
Yeah! Kissing is fine but making out is another story, I agree.