Gissi and the Move

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48715)
United Kingdom
Well as you all know we moved yesterday and it was only into the next Block to where I used to live There was 7 of us Gissi was wondering why they where all walking in and taking stuff out, even though he knew everyone he was growling at them while standing at the front door I told him to quit that they have my permission, I got the Gissi look Well he followed everyone to see where they where taking our stuff to specially his beds Then the Settee got stuck in the door and there was a small gap under it, well 6 of us where in the Flat, one was outside taking the Door of, Gissi decided to go under the Settee to Rich who was taking the Door of ...... he started barking at him, then all we heard was.......Gissi quit, I do not need a wash and I can't see what I am doing,.........Gissi decided to give Rich a few Kisses while he was taking the bottom Screws out of the Door, we all had to laugh, which brought Gissi back under the Settee to come in to us and start barking Trev tod Gissi to go back out to Rich to make sure he is doing the Job properly so Gissi went back out to Rich We heard Rich shouting Gissi as he was running across to our new Flat well Gissi did not come back but did stop and barked at Rich who shouted to me that Gissi was answering back, I shouted back..........just ignore him as he likes to have the last word .... Half an Hour later, Karen asked if anyone had seen Gissi, nope no one had we all thought he was with the other, well great the little Devil had gone out the back Yard There is 6 of us spread all over looking for him, I had to go home because I could not carry on, I was close to tears Then as I walked into the block of our new Flat through the back, I saw the little Devil just waltzing past, I opened the Door and shouted him, he came back and looked at me as if to say ........What......... I told him to get in, so he came in but barked at me wagging his Tail and quite proud of himself I guess, The others came back and told him what a little Pain he was From then on all you heard is..........Is Gissi with you Karen, ....... nope he is with me, Rob shouts.........Gaby Gissi is coming your way.............Ok I have him........Gissi is on his way back to you all...........ok we have him,well that is how it went all afternoon lol Then Gissi decides to get under the bed while they are trying to put it up and well just so on, so as you can see, he kept us all going Wen we where done, he just fell on his bed and went to sleep, he stayed that way until 10pm, then went to his bed in the Bedroom and left me on my own he did not move for the rest of the Night either So what do you think...........did Gissi keep up to his Name? Pain in the Butt ?
@savypat (20246)
I think he was just trying to figure out what all the crazy humans were doing. Once he was safe, alone with his Mum and bed he settled down and had a good rest. Glad your are both safe and sound. Blessings
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Pat Yes I think so to lol he is so much happier and settled just like me
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gabs, Well he does get up to thing does´nt he this Gissi? Under the Bed while they are trying to put it together. Running off to the other Flat. Now I know a bit more about him. He does like to have the last word then. I like the way he sauntered around watching what everyone was doing all the time. Poor thing he must have wanted to call it a Day when it was all over. Must have slept deeply as well. I don´t think he is a pain he is just being himself. He sounds marvelous.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi there Sue Well I rather have him like that then the way he is right now I am hoping that he will get back to this very soon Big Hugs
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gabs, As long as he is good health what matter? He seems very lively and knows what he wants and how to get it. Smart Dog, top of the Class 10 out of 10 is what I would give him. Bless him I love Dogs that are smart. Hugs. Sue.xxx
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi gabs! I'm just so glad that you are finally in your new place and won't have to be going back to the other one again! As for Gissi, he sounds alot like his "Cousin Star". Whenever anyone comes over to visit or if someone comes from the maintenance to fix something Star is always "on top of things" and I do mean literally! He is always under everyone's feet. He has to see everything that's being done or hang out with whoever is here. My gf came back into the apartment after we had been running around all day and had just gotten back from having dinner out (I finally treated myself and didn't wait for the cheap bf)! We were talking in the kitchen/office then bf comes home from work and Star is lounging on my lap like he is part of the conversation! I just had to lol. That's my boy! So, of course I can believe Gissi is a "a pain in the butt"! Butt we wouldn't have him any other way!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Sweetie I have tried to ring you a couple of times but can't get you lol Gissi is back to the old Gissi happy and full of fun we both love our new Home and we are warm it is great Love you Hugs
@Opal26 (17690)
So happy that you both are happy! Haven't seen any calls at the hours you would be calling. I have been going to bed a bit early, but I would still see or hear the phone~ I will have to listen and check. Are you sure you are getting through? I miss you both and so do Cousins Star & Lunatic! We love you both so very much!
@BarBaraPrz (21031)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It would have been strange if Gissi behaved himself all through the move. But as he slept so soundly through the night, he obviously likes his new home.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Bar you are right Gissi behaving I would have thought he was sick lol He is so more settled here and so am I
@BarBaraPrz (21031)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Good to hear.
@MsTickle (24994)
Oh absolutely....lol, I was thinking that as I was reading sweety. He certainly made sure everyone was exhausted as if they were not already totally wiped out...I'll bet everyone slept well that night.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol we certainly did I certainly did and have been since I moved in here Hugs
Isn't it amazing how our pets can work us into a tizzy with worry and concern, yet they remain happy as a lark, oblivious to all the commotion they make? Sherlock got away last week at my parent's house. We went all over the neighborhood looking for him. I thought I was going to cry. As we pulled back into my parent's driveway, here came Sherlock, trotting down the street.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh yes they can Ambie They do not realise what they do to us lol And they just come trotting back with not a care in the world and wonder why we are mad at them and why we are upset lol
@hofferp (4739)
I think Gissi kept the day fun and interesting. Moving can be such a pain, but Gissi made it interesting. I bet you don't even remember carrying half the stuff you carried, because of Gissi. Good Boy!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol Hofferp he certainly made it fun and everyone loved him more for it lol They all love him anyway lol because of his personality and cheek But yes he kept it fun and interesting lol
@Polly1 (12648)
~smile~ He's a little brat, but its nice to hear him being a brat, that means he is doing well. gotta keep him doing good, he has an important job, keeping his mum well. Glad the move is all done. I absolutely hate moving, thats a bigger pain in the butt then Gissi being a brat. Wow, you can get a hot shower and have some heat, woohoo..........
@gabs8513 (48715)
It is wonderful Polly and this Move was easy honest but again it was made Fun lol specially with Gissi about We both feel happy and we are warm very warm lol
@bing28 (3798)
So glad you're at your new flat now, gabs. For sure it will be a lot of sleeping and rest for you and Gissi and forget all the stress and anxieties happened at your old flat. I wish you all the comfort and joys after moving in. So good to welcome the Christmas season. Happy for you gabs. Take care. Big hugs...
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Bing I am so happy here and so is Gissi we are warm and we are both feeling better we are warm and we are happy Love you and big Hugs
@inu1711 (5288)
Well, he wasn't a pain in the butt. He just did what a normal dog does: he made sure each of you did what you are supposed to do. A project manager is allways needed in an action like this. Now you're complaining he dissappeared in the back yard! Why? He just had a little break and gave you a little break, too, and you're complaining? I think he did it right, and he deserved his favourite spot in the bedroom. Great work, Gissi!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol Inu Well I guess we can look at it that way to He is so Happy here and I certainly am as well we both love our new Home
@Lakota12 (42684)
I can see it all in my head and yup Gissi kept y'll on your toes thats for sure but I am so glad ya got moved!
@gabs8513 (48715)
So am I I am still sleeping much but that is my Illness I guess but I am sleeping good Big Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Oh my gosh, that is just too funny! I can just picture all of this happening and could well imagine how scared everyone was not finding him right away. Don't you just wonder what the heck he was doing?, lol! He certainly was on his own little adventure and I wonder what he was thinking, haha. I'm happy all is well for you and Gissi finally after all this time. More fun adventures will be ahead I'm guessing and now you'll be able to enjoy your life more. I think Gissi did a wonderful job managing everyone's move and taking charge...maybe you could get him a job in a puppy school as the head honcho, lol! Glad to hear you're doing so well gabs...hugs!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Kash We are both much better, we are warm, we are sleeping well Gissi is back to his cheeky self, he loves his new Home and I do to Gissi is so relaxed and happy now I know he did not like the last Flat We are just great and I hope it will stay this way now Hugs
@jillhill (37383)
For sure! I am glad the move went well......hope you are enjoying it already with some heat etc! Give Gissi kisses from auntie Jill please!
@gabs8513 (48715)
We are both happy believe me Gissi is much better and I am to The infection is clearing and I am not coughing as much as I was Gisi sends kisses back to his Auntie Jill and I send much love and Hugs to you
@vandana7 (68523)
Well, he told you what is more important than a home, in his own way I suppose. :) Look at it like this - you are free from sickly - yes sickly place. You are free from the nasty landlord, you are free from legal problems associated with that house. And - Gissi matters to you, and your family and friends are concerned about you. And they are not leaving you alone blondie. What more could you ask? A house is just four walls. It becomes a home with loved ones.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Vanda We are both very happy in our new Home and nice and warm We both feel better much better Gissi is back to his old happy self and well it is just great we love it
@paula27661 (15899)
Oh Gissi! It is so difficult when animals don’t fully understand what is happening but can clearly see that something is going on! Gissi is just being Gissi full of mischief and funny. I bet that no matter how much he misbehaves and anger you he can still make you smile at the same time. My cat is like that, always breaking things and making me mad and I’m usually yelling and laughing at the same time!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Oh he certainly can Paula He is so happy in his new Home he is back to the old Gissi lol full of energy and fun We are both warm and relaxed
Sure, he was a pain. He also made certain that you were all doing the move just the right way.
@gabs8513 (48715)
He certainly did lol
@ElicBxn (60894)
Sounds like he had a surpassing day of Gissi-ness! You give that little scamp a bit old hug from his Auntie Elic!
@gabs8513 (48715)
He got the Hug Elic and he is sending all his love Kisses and Hugs back to his Auntie Elic and from me to
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi gabs, It looks like Gissi had quite an interesting day. I guess he felt tired after all that supervising lol! I'm sure he thought that he had the most important job though. Yes, I would say that he lived up to the name. Blessings.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Pose I hope you are well Gissi certainly had a wonderful Time lol We both love the new Home and we are warm, as for is Supervising lol well I will say nothing but he certainly lived up to his Name lol
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
well thats how i get when coconut goes out the door. but funny thing is that as much as i worry she will not go far from me or one of the family. i know how afraid you get. day before yesterday, i was not online much as my friend came over to cut my hair. and since shes the agra that used to live with us coconut ran out to the driveway to greet her and her dog, lucy, that used to live here, ran for the door where i was standing. but i was worried for nothing, as she came right in with our visitor. they know how our lives revolve around them. the little ego maniacs. i hope you got a wonderful warm sleep. like Gissi obviously did.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Sweetie Both Gissi and I are lovely and warm and Gissi is very happy here and feeling much better and I am sleeping well again at Night I love it Hugs
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Of course he lived up to his name "Pain in the Butt", it wouldn't be Gissi if he didn't - and everyone loves him anyway! Your friends know him so well. He worked so hard that day Gabs, supervising the move and making sure everybody was doing their job, so he wore himself out! Not to mention the excitement of getting "lost" for a while and having his own little adventure! He was just plum-tuckered out, and was happy to get some rest on his own little bed. Sounds just like our Poppy! I hope you are both really happy in your new home - at least you are warm! Hugs xx
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Abbey We love it both of us, Gissi is so happy in his new Home and so am I Gissi plays again and is just healthier then what he was and yes I feel better to