I was so tired yesterday

@ElicBxn (60835)
I only got about 3-4 hours of sleep Friday night. Then we had to go out to the roomie's folks for her birthday party. I got in her mom's recliner and took about another hour's nap there. So, when the party got started I was actually awake and alert. But when we got home around 6:30 I was starting to fade. But, the other roommate was cleaning my room. At 8:30, I went in and crawled into the roommate's bed, I told her to wake me up when she wanted it, or my room was done. Well, she let me sleep until 11 something. I got up, drank some protein drink and then got into my own bed and slept from about midnight until 8 this morning. I wouldn't say I was tired... I was exhausted! Its been a while since I've been able to sleep that well for that long. Do you find yourself sometimes just crashing and sleeping the clock around, or nearly so?
Although you are tired,it is worth.
@Maggiepie (7821)
Too tired to complete your post, eh? Sorry, just teasing. My weird sense of humor. It was just there; I had to use it. Hadda! Maggiepie "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne.
@scififan43 (2440)
sometimes I have done that when I realy tired. I love to sleep late on the weekends. but I do want to sleep my life away.
@ElicBxn (60835)
I got about 6ish hours last night, and then we worked HARD today, I think I'lll be sleeping tonight - if I don't hurt too much from all that hard work!
If I do not have to work dayshift on the weekend, I will be able to slept late, but during the weekdays we get up real early. about 4:30am so the gf can go to work and then the girls to school. so I get about 6 hours per night sometime myslef.
@MsTickle (24962)
Wow! That's so not like you to sleep that way (today's the day). I can only lie down for about 6 hours. I wake up needing to pee and am generally wide awake then. I like to have a bit of a kip in the afternoon and if I don't get it right, I begin to fall asleep within 2 hours of getting up at 6am. (happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear elic, happy birthday to you
@ElicBxn (60835)
generally speaking, when I do wake up to pee, I often have trouble going back to sleep... not that night and not last night... tho last night I was awaken when Scamp threw up on my house shoes fortunately they are plastic and washed right off, but I had to get up and do it, and pee, so then it took me a while to drop off again, because I was coughing
@gabs8513 (48717)
Hi Elic I am so glad that you got that sleep because it was your Body telling you that it needed it Yes I have done this a few times specially when I was working it is just your Body letting you know it needs to rest
@ElicBxn (60835)
yeah, and I took a pain pill and got another good night last night I hate walking around the day feeling like a zombie!
@Opal26 (17691)
Hey Elic! I must say that I am extremely worried about you. Your last few post have indeed been alarming! I am always "sleep deprived" because of a severe case of Insomnia. I had been getting better for awhile lately, but now seem to have reverted back to not being able to fall asleep! Yesterday I spent the day and evening "running errands" with my "my bff". Even though she has a car we still did alot of "running around". We first did my errands, then went back to her apartment which is about 20 minutes or more by car, I fixed her printer problems. Then we went to the Staples Store where my "sort of son" is Manager and got some things there! Then we went to have a wonderful at Outback Steakhouse which we hadn't been to probably since my birthday over a year ago! It was crazy expensive, but well worth it! I was beyond exhausted, went into bed early for me, (before 12pm) couldn't sleep, ended up back here until after 7:00AM! Yeah, now that's my life!
@ElicBxn (60835)
I had insomnia growing up, now I mostly can go to sleep, but I have trouble staying asleep. Its part of the fibro... But last night I only woke up a few times, mostly to roll over, since rolling over in a bed with a half dozen cats is always a production!
Hi Elic, Sleep? whats that, lol! wish I could but cannot sleep at night so Iam on my puter till the early hours of the morning, pus I have to up early for the hub before he goes to work, he can't or won'd do his breakfast or his luch to take to work with him, then its the cats I have to see to, if they don't get their food in time, they meowed the place down, lol! Tamara
sometimes.i crashed yesterday,i was scrubbing boats all day (someone else's) and was major pooped as i was up since 3 am. i was madder than hell at my bro-had to cook when i got home,and instead of being nice and doing dishes for me,he sat and watched tv all day. so i had to clean before i even cooked.needless to say i was one grumpy *ss.
@Maggiepie (7821)
Okay...I got tired reading all these posts about fatigue, so I'm hitting the hay pretty soon. Meanwhile, it's obvious to me you need to STOP DOING SO MUCH! Plus, anxiety about your mom's health is stressing you out, hun. Go to bed. Shove a few flealines over & SLEEP. More to the point, rest. But if you sleep long enough, you'll be rested. Learn to say NO to roomies & even me, for the sake of your health. Srsly! Hugs Me.
@Maggiepie (7821)
Well, you know I do! There was a time when I could go for 3 days straight without sleep--I'm sure you remember those days. Think of the SF cons we went to--especially that one where the "Elvis" flick was being filmed outside our hotel, among other things! What an amazing weekend that was! But those energetic days are long gone. Nowadays I find myself nodding off while rolling over in bed...;o Maggiepie "You can't fix stupid." ~ Source unknown (by me, anyway)
What has made you so tired? I rarely sleep more than eight hours straight unless I am actually sick. I hope you are all rested up for your week now.
I wouldn't say yesterday was a tiring day for me, but I would say it was a painful one. Yesterday, I woke up lying in a bad position, and my head started to hurt. Later on in the day, my migraines turned so much that I had to take some Tylenol. I would have to prepare myself to give a speech later that day because my Uncle was having a combined anniversary and birthday party. Well, this would be hard, but I gathered all the strength and must I had. I cruised over to the restaurant for my Uncles birthday party, but my migraines turned worse. The speech went well, and all the food was really delicious. The main plate of appetizer sweets tasted the best. After the event drew to a conclusion, I hopped back in my car and drove high speed to get home, just because my pain was unbearable. The pain didn't last much longer, as the migraines and head aches were gone after I got home. A feeling of tiredness fell over me at 11pm and I suddenly went to sleep.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I've done this..usually when I'm feeling ill. I'm one of those people that tend to feel better if I have loads of sleep. When I had my recent operation I would take myself off to bed earlier and get up later as the body heals itself when its at rest. Has it worked? Sure has..plus a load of Solpadeine tablets that were awesome in dulling pain.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
Sounds like u were exhausted, I wish i could sleep like that. I am not a good sleeper at all & never have been.
@cerebellum (3871)
It's no wonder you were tired! It sounds like all you do is run, and take care of people and animals. I can sleep a lot anytime! My physical problems makes everything harder and I get worn out. I had surgery the other day and when I came home I went to bed and stayed there till 10 the next day. Then I took a 3 hr nap and went back to bed around 11. My mother says when I was a baby she had to wake me up to feed me, so I always loved to sleep.
@dragon54u (31605)
I only sleep about 6 hours a night where I used to need at least 8. I guess that's what comes with age but I'm only 56! The only time I sleep more than that is when I'm ill and I have been healthy as a horse for the past decade.