My daughter is upset about something and now being rude to me..

My daughter was just in this living room laughing and spinning me around in the air. She was so happy and now for some reason I went in her bedroom like I always do and she snapped at me. Why can't you ever knock on my door. I am not even going to say nothing. I am just going to walk in your room when trey is here thats all. But,I then asked her if she had knocked on my door the three times she came into my room today. She said no. I said why not she said because I did not want to. So now I think she is mad at her boyfriend and taking it out on me. My daughter must be forgetting the times I had knocked on her door. So,I will let her be and leave her alone for the night. I will not go to talk to her about that is bothering her either. Then when I go to my bed tonight I will be locking my door. I think I will do this when trey comes tomorrow too. She always ask me where the peanut butter is the jelly everything. So,she said where is the hot sauce after getting nasty with me. I said somewhere in the kitchen. LOL she gets mad and walks to her room. I laughed and kept on mylotting. We are doing so good so I will let this one be..
@nikramos (701)
your daughter sounds pretty much like me. and now i feel guilty having to hear reactions from a mom who's daughter is being rude just because of petty things. thank god for moms like you who have been really patient with daughters who can be really moody for no reason,lol. changing hormones, i guess. i have no idea why there are days i can also turn into a monster and my mom just leaves me ranting by myself until i get tired. and then i ask her the next morning if i can borrow her lipstick as if i havent done something annoying,lol.
@vangie26 (449)
Parents are like that for we love our children so much. We can never file an anger on you. Believe me, you'll say that when you are a parent already. lol. So now is the time to seed something good to your parents because what you reap now, you will sow it to your future kids. hehe..have a nice day!
@vangie26 (449)
forgive me,.. it's what you sow now that you will reap it in the future. It's biblical, right. So children out there, be good to your parents..so that your kids in the future will be good to you too :-)
Want to know something funny. Last night I went to bed and forgot to lock my door because It never gets lock. My daughter got in bed with me and went to sleep. LOL My baby know she loves her mommie. She will come talk to me when she is ready.
@sid556 (31005)
Ya, that is pretty typical for her age. I think you are right...it's probably the boyfriend. My daughter does that with me and I hate it. It's almost always nothing to do with anything I did but her being mad at her boyfriend or arguing with a friend. I just shrug and ignore it. I do remind her that it isn't ok to be rude to me just because she is mad at someone else but then I walk away. She usually will apologize to me later on.
I guess getting in my bed last night was her saying sorry. LOL
@sid556 (31005)
Too cute!!
@gdesjardin (1938)
I am sure your daughter is upset because of her boyfriend. Then again, she is a teenager and her know how moody teenagers are, especially girls. My daughter is only 13 and she is happy one minute, mad the next, sad the next. All those little hormones building up in their bodies I think make them a bit crazy at times. I know I was that was too at that age. I am sure she will be fine in the morning. Of course, the cycle hits all over again...lol
You should see her here this morning. Ma was her favorite word. Ma this and ma that. Ma I love you and smiles for days.
@calpro (933)
Hi, I think she is in some kind of frustration and she is showing it on you.Without knowing the reason you cannot make her normal.First of all just sit with and try to speak to her in a friendlier tone,accept that and say, yes i have to knock your door(to make her calm down),try to find out the reason for her behavior. Reason known problems are half solved,try to leave your ego and speak to her in a friendlier tone,after all they are children(whatever might be their age)to parents.Speak to her to know what is going on in her mind and try to solve it. Happy Parenting.
She came in my room last night and slept with me. I will talk to her when she is ready.
There obviously is something bothering her and unfortunately you are the only one present, so she is taking it out on you, and I would not worry as when she is ready she will come and talk to you.
Your right.. I will let it go for now.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes let this one pass she will be beter by tomorrow. Have a good evening and make sure you lock your bedroom door. LOL LOL LOL
That door will be lockedtonight and tomorrow. because she may want to open it on purpose to be funny. Then we will not be doing so well because I would slap fire out of her. I don't ever want to hit her either.
You are probably right, she is miserable and is trying to make you miserable as well. If she is upset about her boyfriend she will want to talk a little later on I am sure.
Yes,she will and I will then let her know she was wrong.
@aaronfyzeon (1920)
Hahahaha.. that will work. Sometimes giving some people a silent treatment would make them feel bad about themselves for what they did. Let her realize that one first and she should apologize to you first because number one; you are her mother. Number two; she should have given you even a small amount of respect. Just go on and enjoy mylotting till everything's ok. Have a great week ahead of you.
She is in the bath tub now and I guess still upset. Not me I am online and will soon go to bed.
@Drumman (305)
You're doing so good so you will let this one be? Yeah, it sounds like it. Who is this Trey person anyway?
I don't really think that it is appropriate that your daughter is being rude to you when you aren't the one that has caused the issues that she is dealing with. However, I also remember what it was like to be a teenager and I know that there are a lot of emotional and hormonal issues that we deal with when we are teenagers. Based on the fact that she hasn't been giving you a lot of issues lately, I think I would probably let it slide too.
LOL... its just called being a teenager :)
When children grow up, they demand privacy. I guess the way the snapped at you was uncalled for.Anyway, it is good to knock on someone's door before you enter.