Can medicare disenroll you without your permission?

I just got a letter that I was disenrolled in medicareerx rewards standard pdp. This recording is getting on my nerves. I can't get to a live person to answer my questions. I was not aware of any of this. I would like some help with this. I hope my meds are covered next month.
@sid556 (31005)
Could it have anything to do with the fact that you recently moved?
yes it is not covered where I moved. So,now I hav eto pay for coverage every month and a freaking co pay. LOL now I guess I will get more food stamps. LOL being poor is such a joy.
@sid556 (31005)
Well, now that sucks. So I guess they are compensating by giving you more food stamps?? That can't possibly compare to health coverage. It's always something, isn't ? I thought medicare was the same everywhere. That really bites. Healthcare costs are ridiculously high.
I think that I would see if I could find a way that you could talk to a live person to find out what is up with your prescription program. I know that there are a lot of changes that are going on with medicare right now and perhaps it is simply that they got rid of the supplement that you had and you might need to reenroll in another one. However, I would think that they would have mailed you a letter informing you of this decision.
Yes I spoke with someone and took care of it. I moved out of the coverage area so I was nolonger covered. Thanks
@gdesjardin (1938)
I think they have to give you some notice before they can just up and cancel you. I know you just recently moved, but I would think they would have to give you a minimum of 30 days. I know when I moved down here 13 years ago I went on medicare for a while and they gave me notice before it was cancelled...I believe it was 30 days, maybe 60 days.
I went on an assignment last week to rate customer service on a rep who was presenting medicare benefits. Although I have no medicare experience my goal was to assure he was presenting the plan well. gifts I think you missed something as I understand that there are deadlines with med plans. So try your best to get someone on the phone and get this cleared up. As I understand that for each day you are not enrolled there are penalties applied. I believe you have until December 31 to re-enroll and get back on or you will have to wait until next November. I find that when I get automated services I keep pressing the zero for operator until the system gets confused and transfers me to a live agent. I wish you luck with this as the prescriptions are expensive.