My friend just called to tell my mother is can give me $75.00 food stamps

I don't want to go get them from him and see him so sick. My friend knows I am running out of food and the holiday is coming. This man is in horrible pain and I could not see him like that. I know he has no one else to lean on. I don't have train fare to get there either. I would like to offer him to come here so I can care for him but trey is coming tomorrow. Plus this guy is in love with me and will be hurt. But,what I would like to do is go to the store and shop for him and bring his food home to him. Would you believe a friend of his knew is was being taken advantage of when he lived with his drug attick brother. he then let him move into him crowded basement and charged him $400 a month and he can't have any company so no one will know he lives there. My friend fixed this mans car,home ad been robbed blind by his drug attick brother now this is stopping me from going to take care of him
@sid556 (31005)
Gifts, You have so much on your plate right now. You can't save everyone. What exactly is wrong with him...why is he in so much pain? The guy loves you so I agree...not a good idea to bring him to your place with your new guy visiting. Is there anyone that you know that you could send over to help him?
I talked to him he is doing better now and still in pain. But,he will meet me tomorrow to give me the card. I will not have to shop for him he will shop for hhimself. he already bough some food for himself though.
@sid556 (31005)
I'm really confused. I thought he wanted to give you his food stamps because you don't have much food right now. I thought that Trey is coming tomorrow and that was your problem. So is Trey going to meet this guy? Sorry, I'm just confused. I'm tired and I'm sure it's me that is just not following this right. Sorry.
trey is not meeting this friend yet because he is too sick to travel. I live 7 towns by train from him. Trey is here now and I don't think he wants to meet any male friend of mine. I have food to cook for thanksgiving now.
@writersedge (22579)
Doesn't anybody go to an Independent Living Center and get help where you are? They could help that man find decent affordable housing. They could help you find various sources of food. Try an ILC. Try JCEO. Try some place that helps people. We have many places serving free Thanksgiving in my area. Salvation Army, a Catholic Church or 2, and there are food shelves, soup kitchens, etc. Our biggest problem here is distance. But usually people can find some way to car pool or have someone else go to JCEO or the interfaith food shelves for them. I went to JCEO to help out my brother who's in a wheelchair and didn't have a working modified car at the time.
I don't have a clue where to get a turkey from. I bought a meat I forgot what. i will be cooking that and some string beans and some mac and cheese and also I bought a pie and have a few yams to boil. I will not need a turkey this year.
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, you don't need to have turkey if you have that. But it sounded like you were runnibng out of food again. More to the point is that there should be some place where you live that can help him and if and when you need it, help you, too.