Open minded does not mean naive.

@megamatt (14331)
It does frustrate me when people do not make the distinction that open minded is not the same thing is being naive. Open minded is giving someone a chance, but also being safe. Naive is just believing someone at face value with any thought. Does it really bug you if people do not make this distinction?
@hushi22 (4941)
yes, it does. my parents told me to just knock off my thoughts when i get annoyed. when i was younger it was difficult, but now i don't give so much care. i just say to myself, "it's their lost, not mine. " i guess their time to understand the distinction didnt come yet. =)
@megamatt (14331)
Yes people tend to not get it. Hopefully one day they will. We always hold that hope. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@ankit_620 (496)
Yes it does bug me that people who think or treat themselves as open minded are themselves naive. Their mind is just not that developed to make out this simple distinction.
@megamatt (14331)
You hit the nail on the head. They do not seem to have a mind that is developed enough to understand the difference. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
We tend to be naïve just to refrain from hurting other people. Though we still need to be outspoken and speak of our mind if we are in position. Since some people will become abusive if we remain being innocent.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
no it doesn't open minded people have preatty much more chances of becoming wise as they are at least opened to new ideas, open minded people do research, listen, look for information and will definetly find the answer, the truths beling naive it would be more like a blind believer, that's not open minded person but a person that believes in everything others says